Ghosting that makes your wife unhappy

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BradNTX, May 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Experienced pipers probably know better...

A few months ago, I received a TAD shipment that didn't fit in the jars, canisters and tupperware I had on hand. I asked my wife if she had a spare piece that I could use temporarily. Of course my wife was happy to loan me something.

I've accumulated some jars, sent off some toby on the box pass, and smoked more than I've bought in the last few months. So, today I gave her her tupperware tub back and she stuck it in the dishwasher. Guess what happens next?

She opened the dishwasher when done and the entire load smelled of English tobacco. :oops:

We took the tupperware tub & lid out & it is now soaking in the utility sink w/a cap full of bleach, some dishwashing liquid and hot water. I'm just praying that rerunning the load of other stuff gets the smell out of it and her DISHWASHER! :eek:

NEWBIES BEWARE! Don't borrow tupperware or plasticware from your significant other (or a loved family member) if it needs to go back. If you do, soak it in bleach water before washing. :bangin:

2. WyoBob

WyoBob Member

Tupperware is cheap. Wives are expensive.:)

WyoBob

telltime, Blue, yinyang and 1 other person like this.
  3. SmokeyJoe

SmokeyJoe Active Member

Run the dishwasher empty except for a medium size bowl with 8-10 oz of White Vinegar in the top rack. Not only will it rid the interior if any unwanted odor (don't ask), but it will shine up the walls, racks and door. (Amazing that any tobac would ghost something that big.)

BradNTX likes this.
  4. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

What !? It's not Your dishwasher [ lol ] :) ....... thats prtetty funny .. latakia dishes . The vinegar sounds like a good idea . You need more jars man !

5. BradNTX

Agreed :D

6. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

I would have worded it the other way, but if my wife caught wind, your way would be right after all!

PSF piping tip #311...Prenup, prenup, prenup! :)

7. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

I like to push Pat's buttons now and then....drying a nice strong lat blend in the microwave works!

SmokeyJoe likes this.
  8. BradNTX

LOL, I'll bet that gets the 'ol aromas wafting.

9. SmokeyJoe

SmokeyJoe Active Member

WAAAAAY back when, my buddy's mom had the first microwave in town, really, and we had the bright idea to "age", er, dry out our home grown, freshly picked, marijuana plant in it. It worked, but left the pungent unmistakable odor of the devil-weed. The best we could come up with was to nuke pepperoni slices into burnt charcoal dust. It worked also! So, if the wife complains about any microwave ghosting , now you have the solution....:bing::bing:

10. Marc

Marc Active Member

Damn that latakia! Vinegar suggestion is spot on!:th1:

11. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

12. Jay

Jay Active Member

OOPS! kind of like when I would dry my work boots in the oven. Smelled like oil and dirt and wet leather. It was still better than having soggy feet all day in my opinion, but the wife didn't like it at all. Best of luck to you Brad.

13. telltime

telltime Active Member

And maybe, just maybe... Ex-wives are the most expensive of all.

I heard a guy once compare his wife to a hurricane... She was always "stirred up" and he was never going to do anything right, but he compared his choices to different categories of hurricanes. Was she just going to get mad and blow a little, or was he going to lose his house? :haha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.