GL Pease Chelsea Morning and Westminster

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Spaceboy Tim, Dec 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spaceboy Tim

Spaceboy Tim Member

Would these blends be an English, aro, or Virginia blend or some other category?

2. Spaceboy Tim

Spaceboy Tim Member

Realized this question is kind of dumb after reading the tins. Westminster in the English pipe and CM in the VA pipe.

3. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Chelsea Morning contains Latakia, so it can ghost, assuming it matters to ya.

4. Spaceboy Tim

Spaceboy Tim Member

It does matter to me. Would you recommend smoking it in the English pipe instead?

5. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Without having tried Chelsea Morning, I would still imagine it makes sense to keep it out of a VA dedicated pipe.

Just to really mess with you, keep in mind you may not pick up on a light English's nuances when smoked in a heavy English(Westminster) pipe. It may not, too, but to be safe, most of us own about a bazillion pipes for just this reason. (That, and we have no willpower!) :)

Spaceboy Tim likes this.
  6. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

+1 on this. Chelsea Morning in particular will get lost in the cake of a "latakia pipe" and fade into nothingness. This would be too bad, because CM is a hugely complex blend with a lot of nuances that a "Westminster" pipe will blur.

Don't smoke CM in a virginia pipe, either. Pick up a fresh cob and try it.

On a personal note, Chelsea Morning has the "distinction" of being the finest tobacco I've ever smoked that doesn't make my rotation. In other words, it's a great blend and a work of genius that doesn't quite do it for me. Oh, well. ;)

7. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Yeah, that's how things go. Chelsea Morning is lost on me and my latakia pipes. 'Cause all my pipes are latakia pipes.

Spaceboy Tim likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.