1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

GLP Triple Play

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Glenn, May 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

Anyone tried it yet? Reports?

Pipes and Cigars has some on hand right now if you are looking. I just ordered a couple tins this evening.

2. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

It's a softer plug (breaks and slices easier than say JKP) and is a nice va-per with a touch of dark fired. I like this one as much as JKP . Wish GLP would kick these out in bulk.......

:wiz:
    Ed
    Puff

3. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

I wonder why he doesn't sell any of his tobaccos in bulk? Everything in various sized tins. With all his comments about how to age bulk tobacco, I'd think he'd sell his in bulk.

Dondi likes this.
  4. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

I got my order in friday and was able to give it a little try this weekend. I like it. I enjoyed Jacknife Plug but being a perique addict I prefer the Triple Play.

It's dark, it's fairly strong, it's just yummy. Kinda in the same vein as one of my other faves, Kingfisher. After I have time to smoke this first tin and try a few different things I will post a review. For now it looks like it'll be a keeper.

I will be interested to see what a year or two will do for these new GLP blends.

5. Smoker99

Smoker99 Active Member

Profit margin on bulk is smaller.

6. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

GLP available in one lb. tins here: http://cornellanddiehl.com/glp.htm

Kiowapipe likes this.
  7. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Yeah Dondi, C&D bulk packages their plug "Night Train" and "Pirate Kake" but GLP doesn't offer Pounds O'Plugs yet. Hope they do eventually.

Wonder if this "New World" series is gonna be all "plugs"........

:wiz:
    Ed
    Puff

P.S. The link is for "direct sales" through C&D. I'm hoping C&D/GLP kick this out in bulk distibution (for sale in large b&m's i.e. SP, MARS, 4-Nogz, and the like. The reason you ask? Simple economics. C&D charges ~$40 for a bulk lb (reasonable yes) but I can get the same bulk lb through a b&m for $27, the math has been done ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.