1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Good summer smoke

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by soundlzrd, May 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

Last year was my first summer back in humid summers. I found on hot days if I wanted a smoke I reached for a cigar, not a pipe. And good tobaccos for summer days? Or should I just stick with the stoggie.

2. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

Maybe Key Largo from GL Pease.....??

3. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Dunhill GAF

Dunhill DNR

H&H Anni Kake

GH & Co Louisiana Flake

H&H Stogie (for some cigar-ness)

PS Turkish (bulk, it's Samsun leaf but with a very nice mellow-n-sweet Va in the blend). It's a "blender" but smokes phenomenally well alone.

GLP Triple Play (if ya like "playin' with" y'er toby :D) a very nice Va-Per-Bur (Dark Fired Kentucky).

Sean, you've got some FVF, that's a great one for summah-time too! Sooooo many great summer smokes out there!
    :wiz:
    Ed
    Puff

4. MikePiper1

MikePiper1 Member

My tobacco tastes seem to migrate towards the VaPer side during the hot sticky days of summer and, like you, tend to smoke more stogies during this period.

5. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Then if ya really wanna play with y'er toby, there's

Peterson 3P. :D

:wiz:
    Ed
    Puff

P.S. great in a cob! :P

6. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

mmmm....I never could understand the 'tobaccos for different seasons' thing - I've always just smoked what I like - fiftytwo weeks a year.
    OT

7. Albert

Albert Active Member

carter hall always seems to make me think of hot summer days in the south.... of course here in arizona it doesnt matter what you load up, cause the pipes smoke themselves anyways. :D

8. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

Thanks for the ideas. I had a tad order with an etailer that I was able to add too. Never likes the 3p, maybe waned weather will change that.

Ed, I do have jar almost a pound of FVF left.

9. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

+1. Good toby is good toby, and any toby in a Peterson is great - any time of the year. The only thing I see that possibly alters anything is the beverage the toby is paired with. I think VA flake goes really nicely with mildly sweet iced tea, which I usually only drink in the summer. However, VA flake does really well with a light red wine, which I drink all year round. So a particular toby for a particular season? Personally, I just don't get it.

10. Marc

Marc Active Member

McClelland #5100 Red Cake, hands down!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.