1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Good trick for rehydrating tobacco

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by mtsgsd, Jul 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mtsgsd

mtsgsd Active Member

I don't know if someone else has already done this but I just tried it over last night, and it worked perfectly. I tore a piece of paper towel into a square that was just a little larger than my ball jar lid, then layed it over the inside of the lid and soaked it in water.

After letting the excess drain off, the paper stayed stuck flat to the lid, and I resealed the jar, trapping the wet towel in the jar, but completely out of contact with the tobacco.

Just sitting over night was enough to do the trick for this batch. the towel was bone-dry and I removed it so that it wouldn't provide a path for the moisture to leak out again.

Glenn, Jussto and Professor like this.
  2. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

Sounds good. I was going thru and putting some stuff away this morning and found two cakes of C&D tobacco in a hunting jacket pocket. I guess I left them there last winter. Both were in a ziplock bag. One is Briar Fox and the other is Kajun Kake. Probably half a cake of each. Both very dry and crumbly. I knew I had them and they dissapeared and I just didn't know where I left 'em.

I crumbled them up each in it's own ziplock baggie and put a damp paper towel in each. They are both out back in the sun. This method works really fast and really well for me. I could see doing the same thing with a jar.

[​IMG]

3. mtsgsd

mtsgsd Active Member

I like the jar because I don't have the move the tobacco. In this case, I left it in the tin too long, and did this at the same time I was moving it to a jar. I can see how your method would work well too. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.