1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Good Wake Up Tobacco

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Beale, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beale

Beale Active Member

I like a good cup of coffe with my 1st smoke in the AM. What is a good Aromatic Wake up tobacco. The blend I am smoking now is nice, but a bit laid back for my taste? More of a night smoke, Beale.

2. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

What are you smoking now?

Dunhill EMP is a great wakeup weed as is RRR. Not exactly what you would call Aro's but they go great with coffee or hot tea.

3. Beale

Beale Active Member

I am smoking a hous bulk mix from JR's. Called Carolina Blend?

Not sure what RRR is? Beale.

4. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

rattrays red raparee. pretty much anything from rattrays is good imho but thats one of their more widely liked blends.

i'd recommend petersons irish flake for a morning smoke. goes great with a full bodied coffee or unsweetened earl grey. great stuff.

5. user0003

6. user0003

7. sorringowl

sorringowl Purveyor of PAAD

I've really been enjoying a house blend aro from Santa Barbara Cigar and Tobacco called "Sanctuary." I've mostly been smoking English blends lately but, for some reason, I keep coming back to Sanctuary. It's really good.

Going to try Dunhill Early Morning Pipe today, after letting it cellar for a few months. I wasn't crazy about this when I first tried it, a little raw and cigarette-y for my taste, but maybe this has mellowed with a little age. Will let you know if it has improved.

8. Tairusu

Tairusu Member

I love Town Topic in the morning, it's a maple flavored aro that resembles a pancake breakfast. It's really well paired with black or lightly sweetened coffee. But it takes forever to dry so make sure you set it out the night before, and be prepared to smoke it a little wet. You might also look for a plug, or something with a big Nic hit to wake you up in the morning.

9. Schmitz Bitz

Schmitz Bitz Member

If your looking for an aromatic to start your day, I would suggest checking out either Dan Sweet Vanilla Honeydew or Peterson University Flake. Both are very light in the casing department, and very big on tobacco flavour.

10. Arkie

Arkie Active Member

As Tairusu said any plug tobacco would have enough vitamin N to wake you up. Prince Albert gives me a heckuva nic kick and it goes very well with coffee.

11. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

Don't know about aromatics Beale! (I never touch 'em!) - but for my first early smoke of the day, with my coffee - Carter Hall (when I can get it!) in a COB is great! :thumb:
    OT

12. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

Most of my wake up tobaccos aren't available in the USA - St Bruno Flake, Careys No 7 etc etc but.... Dunhill's Royal Yacht packs a good punch with strong coffee or tea and MacBarens Navy Flake with its citrusy notes can be a pleasant starter too,

Best to all

Gerry

13. PipesnBikes

PipesnBikes Member

GH Sweet Rum Twist is delicious with a strong cup of coffee

About abbreviations; I have never figured out GAF, I'll probably go "duh" when I hear it.

14. Kyle Black

Kyle Black Member

Dunhill Flake, FVF or penzance, as well as occasionally Black XX.

Just me.

15. Beale

Beale Active Member

Thanks for all the help!! I ended up odering some Dunhill EMP. I went to 4 Noggins. Very easy and Richard was nice enough to through in some samples, Beale.

16. kirbyb

kirbyb Member

If you like the EMP, give GLP Picadilly a go. I like it better. Perfect with coffee.

17. slprl1

slprl1 Member

You can never go wrong with Lane 1-Q. When you're ready, try some non-aromatics. Great blends available just for that time of day or all day.

18. Beale

Beale Active Member

I do have a question. Are Non Aromatics typically stronger? Or just different? Beale.

19. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Different no doubt and Stronger , at least , in nicotine .

I dig SWR in the AM w/ coffee . Not much else works for me except at times [ when I'm out of SWR ] I'll smoke Middletons cherry Blend . Cherry Blend cause it barely an aro and mainly a burley like SWR . I love AROS but cant do them first thing in the am ... cant do Latakia in the am or in warm weather .

20. Beale

Beale Active Member

So SWR is a good tobacco? I will for sure buy some of that then, Beale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.