1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Goopy Aromatics

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Morse, Sep 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morse

Morse Active Member

What are they? I read a lot of discussion about aromatics and very often someone will say - this is great, not goopy like most/a lot/some/the last/every aromatic(s). OK so what are these mythical, awful goopy aromatics? I confess to some bias here since aros are what I smoke most of the time - Petersons, Boswells, Lane, Reiner, Sillems, C&D, Dans, McClelland, MacBaren, hell even Captain Black. But I just don't find that I am left with a wet sludgy mess in the bottom of my bowl.

What blends are the most typical of this goopiness that we cant stand? Are there any around today? Have blenders improved casings so that this is less of an issue? I know it cant be my technique - that is very much a train wreck.

Thoughts and opinions welcome

2. Pecci

Pecci Active Member

I haven't experienced any problems with aro's also.

3. LifeOfRiley

LifeOfRiley Active Member

I've found goopiness to be worst in heavily cased black cavendish, like Edwards' Buccaneer (which, I hasten to add, isn't a bad blend at all if you're into aromatics). It's almost sticky to the touch, hard to light and keep lit, and, yes, often does leave a wet mess in the bottom of the bowl. I confess that it could be me.

4. Tortuga

Tortuga Member

Get a little Tobacco Galleria Night Cap. Holy crap, gooooooopy. Tasty though.

5. Arkie

Arkie Active Member

Paladin and Captain Black Gold Label have been the worst about leaving a sticky black goop in my pipes. Someone here on the forum (I think is was Stonewall) once remarked that it seems heavily cased aros that are soaked in PG are the worst offenders and I agree with him.

Rodfather likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.