1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Gosh this is relaxing (mid-smoke rambling)......

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by gd9704, Jun 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gd9704

gd9704 Member

I'm still a newb--still learning what tobacco I like, how to pack a pipe properly, etc.

But....

When it works, MAN what a relaxing experience.

Been a cigar smoker for 20 years or so. Sort of lost my taste for them.

Pipe tobacco is so different from cigars. So much more flavorful.

I feel so much more relaxed with a good pipe. In a way I never did with a cigar.

I like it.

So there.

2. MikeInMaine

MikeInMaine Well-Known Member

I kind of like it too.:)

p120d16y and gd9704 like this.
  3. KingsTarantula

KingsTarantula All about having fun!

I am still somewhat new too gd. And yes, when it clicks it is amazing! Enjoy it my friend :toast:

p120d16y and gd9704 like this.
  4. MakDragon

MakDragon Illegitimi non carborundum

Like em both. Depends on my mood. Love the pipe more since I joined here. Tips, techniques and suggestions make for a more enjoyable experience!

p120d16y, gd9704 and KingsTarantula like this.
  5. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

+1. I'd say the exact same thing. I love a really good cigar but never found smoking one relaxing. I think it's because cigar smoke is generally more intense. Pipe tobac seems a bit lighter with flavor notes that are more subtle, the whole thing seems more in tune with relaxation.

6. Preacher1611

Preacher1611 Active Member

It's awesome when it just, works, ain't it?

7. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

Oh yeah. I'd say, if you're just smoking, not doing anything else. Just focusing on the smoke...it's meditative.

8. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Smoking a pipe is kinda nice sometimes. I guess I like it too.:beck:

9. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

We're all hunting for that elusive moment of Pipe Zen. The moment when out thoughts, tobacco, and pipe all click, the stars align, and we float away on billowing clouds of pipe smoke. But even iif we don't find that perfect Pipe Zen moment, it's still great.

p120d16y likes this.
  10. gd9704

gd9704 Member

Unfortunately, I still have plenty of "this sucks" pipe experiences. It's hard to get good at this when you maybe have 1-2 bowls a week.....

11. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

You are right! I've been smoking a pipe for awhile but it still doesen't come together at times, but when it does ain't no better feeling. RTO put it best "Pipe Zen"

RTOdhner and p120d16y like this.
  12. Brit abroad

Brit abroad Active Member

I recommend you smoke more, there, fixed that little problem forya!

gd9704 likes this.
  13. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

Im finding the Zen moments come more often with a really good blend and a very well made pipe. I don't consider myself a snob when it comes to anything. But honestly, when I match a superb tobacco up with an equally superb pipe, the experience is sublime. And frequent given that recipe.

I always wanted to get the cigar thing. Never did. Although I did have a great Cuban and Coopers Lager 15 years ago. I have several Cuban's that people have given me at work from their travels. No issue here in Canada with bringing them back. I have no intention of smoking them.

I totally agree with you. The pipe has brought me a lot of pleasure. More so than any other from of tobacco.

Enjoy!

14. Tony Bybee

Tony Bybee Member

i started out with a basket briar and a pouch of borkum riff whiskey. whoa! i was looking to relive some of the great smlls my grampas brought to mind. they are all gone now. but now i understand why they always had a pipe at hand. got a cob, rlp6, and molto dolce all in one week. i believe ill move on to an irish or navy flake pretty soon. carter hall in the mornings with coffee on on my patio is absolutely zen, btw.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.