1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Got a new pipe!

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Degenetron, Jun 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Degenetron

Degenetron Member

Sorry, been waiting for this for quite a whil enow and had to make a post. Unfortunately the batteries in my cam are dead and i couldn't locate the charger.. so i'll have to leave you hanging a little while.. i'll have pics up by tomorrow.

For now I will say that the pipe came packaged in unusualy thick fur that smelled of musk and unusually shaped bacon. The looks are rugged and handsome.

2. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Member

Unusually shaped bacon? So, Canadian then? It's not one of those sissy Squatchy things, is it?

3. Degenetron

Degenetron Member

Nono, it's a Mario Grandi... Bacon is club shaped in Italy.

Hopefully i will not be dismembered by some sort of large forest dwelling primate for posting these pics when they aren't mine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. idiotbox37

idiotbox37 Member

looks good. i'm really liking the stem. congrats! know what you're going to smoke in it first?

Dutchking22 likes this.
  5. Degenetron

Degenetron Member

I've been pondering that a while lol. Don't have too much in stock here atm. but figure i will go for a rugged, but not too savage english.. Billy Budd and Nightcap are a bit on the rough side for my palate.. McClelland 3 oaks, 3oaks syrian or dunhill 965 are the remaining candidates. Would perhaps be appropriate to smoke a new tobacco in a new pipe and i haven't tried the 2 last ones yet. Think 965 will be the one.

6. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

Swee-eet. Standing-up for the July Dog Madness?

7. Degenetron

Degenetron Member

Probably not since i don't know what "July Dog Madness" is. Though i assume it is related to bulldogs.

It is indeed a sweet pipe. I saw a bulldog he had made earlier on this forum and fell in love so i contacted him about making something similar. Not a copy, but .. similar. It is spot on. I love the shape, size, weight, textures, color.. it's perfect and suits my rugged manly looks ofc ;)

Just came back in from smoking it for the first time. Descided on 3 oaks as it is my go to blend atm. Packed it full and have been puffing away for an hour and a half. Emptied the bowl, and for once it was pretty much only ash.

Needless to say i am happy about the pipe ;)

8. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

Check out Moo's thread The (Bull)Dog Days of Summer up in the "Now Smoking" section. Glad to hear you love the pipe.

9. Beale

Beale Active Member

Congrats on that very fine looking pipe! Well done, I like it, Beale.

10. nitehawk

nitehawk Fearless Leader

Nice pipe.....now get to smokin'....LOL

11. desertmoon

desertmoon Member

GORGEOUS!!!

12. barosborough

barosborough Member

very nice

13. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

Sweet! :appl: