Got a sample of McBaren 7 Seas Gold

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by jhe888, Dec 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhe888

jhe888 Member

I got a sample of McBaren 7 Seas Gold in an order from Smoking Pipes. The label says it is Virginia and burley. It is an aromatic, but it is only lightly so in the pouch. Perhaps it smells a little chocolatey and some sort of fruitiness, but I'm hard pressed to say what fruit. It is very light and mild in the pouch. I'll let you know more when I smoke some.

Has anyone else tried it? What do you think?

It isn't the sort of thing I'd order, but I'm generally happy to try something new.

2. cigarsarge

cigarsarge Active Member

I got a sample from them last week also on an order. I've not tried it yet.

3. Grammaton

Grammaton Member

I got one too. I also haven't tried it yet.

4. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Well, you guys get to puffin so we can hear if it's any good or not. :yes:

5. Grammaton

Grammaton Member

I'll get to it eventually, but it was in a big box of stuff I wanted.
    If it was in a big box of stuff I didn't want I'd get to it faster. :)

6. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

I got 7 Seas Royal from Smoking Pipes last week. But I hear tell they're all icky, so potayto/potahto.

7. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

I received a pouch of Royal and a
    pouch of Regular. I MAY try these,
    but they seem really sweet to me.
    They will definitely need some
    drying time.

dp

8. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Member

I got one too. I thought about hanging on to it to pass along to an unsuspecting victim, but there wasn't enough there to make it worthwhile.

9. woody

woody Admin Admin

i was really hoping these would be the missing link but sadly they have failed to impress me. I do think that they are great for new pipe smokers and suspect that may have been what MB had in mind when concocting the 7 Seas blends.

10. erickghint

erickghint Member

I got a sample of the Royal, which was disappointing, since I already have a tin cracked open. I really like it, though. Maybe I'm the odd one out on this one, but meh... Like what you smoke, right?

11. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

I got Royal and Gold and they're ok. I jarred them up and there they sit. I'm smoking other stuff now. Also got a pound of each after trying some of each and have no regrets at all. It's good smoke when the situation warrants a crowd friendly weed burned..............but then so are many other aros........

Tres beanz

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    Cogito ergo puff

12. yinyang

Missing link how? Just curious.

13. len smetona

len smetona Member

I've gotten free samples also, but I am still on the Golden Extra run. Smells good to me, I've smelled more syrupy stuff. Next week I will be in training for work, and my flop house for work is my boat. What a better place to try 7 seas? Now what pipes and other toby to pack for my few nights on das boat?

14. SSGpiper

SSGpiper Member

Heh, you guys get free bacca samples, they threw a free P&T mag in mine....Ordinarily, that would be awesome cept I had just bought the same issue at a B&M...well, it's the thought that counts.

15. GlassEye

GlassEye Member

How are you guys getting these samples and stuff? I have never gotten any samples or other freebies. :confused:

I have yet to see a review of the Seven Seas that made me want some. Hurry up, smoke it and give us a review.

16. Grammaton

Grammaton Member

I placed an order with Smokingpipes.com that was large enough to get free shipping.
    I don't think that was what qualified me for the free sample though, they must somehow know I'm a trend setter. :)

17. yinyang

Huh...every order I've made with smokingpipes and 4noggins has come with a freebie. None of the orders were over the free shipping cap, and almost all were under 50$. Pipesandcigars I've ordered from multiple times as well, but for some reason can't recall if they gave away stuff too. The giveaway item/baccy almost always looks like (prepackaged for)samples from their respective manufacturers, so I imagine the etailers have dry spells where they don't have it to give.

18. kreinhard

kreinhard Member

I received a sample of 7 Seas Regular with my last smokingpipes.com order. The order before that they sent me a pouch of Stokkebye's Golden Dansk. I haven't smoked either; they both smell a little too....fruity for me.

19. cigarsarge

cigarsarge Active Member

I had an ounce and an half of the Golden Dansk...It burned hotter than hell fire.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.