1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Got an update from Intl.Pipes % Acc's / Sparta indus today .. very cool

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by ruffinogold, May 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

International Pipes and Accessories [ makers of Dr. Grabow / dills cleaners ] sent a price list today with a cool promotion . I wish my scanner was working ... then I wouldnt have to type so much . Anyway , It's their 80th year and they're making a " special 11 " pipe from hand selected briar that will have a rich burgundy color never before used by Grabow . They will be available untill September 2011 and then they wont be made again . The pipe will be stamped " Special 11 " and there is a straight and a bent in smooth or rustic . They are only available via mail order customers and are priced at 25 bucks for smooth and 24 bucks for rustic .
    Of note , It's the last of the Grabow Vikings [ falcon knock offs ] and they are selling them for 20 bucks smooth and 19 bucks rustic .
    Also , they have a special on ' Scotch Plaid " roll up pouches for 2.00 [ very cool ] along with a free tamper on limited basis .
    If you buy a pipe there is no shipping .... a good deal imo . Thought I'd pass it on

International Pipes & Accessories
    1731 U.S. Hwy 21 S
    Sparta , N.C. 28675

[ 336 ]372-5521

2. bigpoppamike100

bigpoppamike100 Member

cool thanks for the info. great deal.

3. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Member

What, no website?

4. ruffinogold

Nope :) ............. Old school man ... old school

5. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Member

Looks like they do have a website, but don't have a marketplace on it. There's a page for "specials" that's currently empty, but I'll bet your promotion shows up there at some point. http://www.drgrabow.net/

6. ruffinogold

If they do , I'd be suprised being they said it was for mail order customers only ... but I guess if they've got some left over they'll post it come september . In a way I kinda like getting stuff in the mail ... not seeing much of that anymore ya know

7. Marc

Marc Active Member

You can sign up for the mailing list on the website.

8. ruffinogold

Bingo ... or call the phone number and get added on

9. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

I got my circular last week. Not really in the market for a Dr. Grabow, but this mail order only throw back has me intrigued. Before its over, I may just pick one up.

10. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Way cool Ruff! Thanks for sharin' / spreadin' the wealth! I like Grabow pipes, have a few, and will probably score one or two just to be in on the ride.

:wiz:
    Ed
    Puff

11. ruffinogold

I'm gonna order the straight and the plaid roll up ! Should be fun on the cheap ... and get something good :)

12. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

I thought hard about getting a smooth bent, the shape looks pretty cool and I'm definitely intrigued by the 'unique burgundy finish.' Plus they say they're only using 'select' briar... for whatever that's worth, I guess everybody says that.
    I've restrained myself thus far, but if one of you guys picks one up and gives it a good review I may break down.

13. nowsharing

nowsharing Member

Good find Rurfinogold. This sounds interesting, and I especially like that they're including a tamper and free shipping. There are a couple of photos of them on the Dr Grabow Collector's forum, but I'd like to see some more before ordering one for myself.

14. ruffinogold

15. Marc

Marc Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.