1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

got to have a falcon....

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by expatpipe, May 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

I tried flake tobacco many years ago, and it was a disaster. Over 20 years later, and after seeing its many praises here on PSF, I decided to give it another go. It was a fantastic experience.

Likewise, I bought what appeared to be a Falcon at a drug store in 1980 or 1981, and that was a disaster - a goopy and juicy mess that smoked way hot. I just googled Falcons and found a site that offers them for about $70 a piece. I don't recall that first "Falcon" running that kind of money. As I recall, the bowl had a tobacco leaf on it so I wonder if it was a Grabow knock-off.

Anyway, with all these praises I'm thinking I need to give Falcon pipes another try, and I think I'll get one in the not to distant future.

2. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

Over here they are around $38 new!...(UK £23.50) probably cheaper - even with shipping!

3. Marc

Marc Active Member

Rich at 4noggins has Falcon pipes and bowls.

4. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

Falcons truly are for moist flakes smoked outdoors in all condititons - enjoy and I hope you get as long out of them as I have.

Ordinary, and even tapered pipecleaners soaked in any alcohol of your choice also work fine - trust me on this one. From time to time wipe the bottom of your bowls and the bowl threads with alcohol on a damp cloth and the whole thing'll stay sweet.

If and when it starts to make the "sh" noise when you smoke it - widen out the smokehole and you're in business! The brutal approach is fine.

Best to all

Gerry

5. expatpipe

expatpipe Member

thanks for all the help and tips you've given, it wouldn't be half as much fun without you all.
    i can only recommend anyone still undecided to just go for it - you wont be dissapointed!

on a technical note, can anybody tell me if its normal that the threads on the bowls seem a bit frayed after the first few fittings? they still fit snug and turn smoothly, i just want to make sure i dont do anything wrong while i'm still breaking them in.

paul

6. Marc

Marc Active Member

Yes, that is normal as far as I can tell, mine look the same way.

7. Degenetron

Degenetron Member

First of all. Congratulations on your new pipe:) Falcons did not appeal to me when i first started smoking.. tbh they still don't visually.. but after using one i can't really argue with the smoking capabilities. I grabbed two of them recently since a norwegian shop had a sale on them, but then sent one away in the 'take one, leave one' thread.. Just decided i needed two anyways and ordered another at a very descent price along with a 3 pack of assorted bowls for it. I'm not completely sold on them, but at the moment they only compete with MM cobs for smoking pleasure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.