1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Grabow choices @ Rhode Island Drug & Convenient Stores

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Pecci, Sep 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pecci

Pecci Active Member

I'm hanker-en for my 1st. Here in CA, it's basically Savoy (bent) or the Dukes. I am going to RI in a couple of days and was wondering if all the Walgreen, Rite Aid, CVS & alike stores carry anything different there.

Any Rhode Islanders out there? Thanks!

2. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

All of the drugstores around here (South Jersey) have the same spread...Omega and Grand Dukes, in smooth or rusticated finish. Sometimes though, you find an interesting one. I bought a Grand Duke in May that I had never seen before. It has a much larger looking bowl, dublin kind of shape, and the stem is quarter bent or so...I had to have it.

3. Pecci

Pecci Active Member

That sounds like good one, Coda.:)

Perhaps the entire US only stocks Omega & Dukes. We'll wait to hear what others have to say.

Trauma likes this.
  4. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Just keep looking where ever it is you go . I found a hexagon sandblasted Grand Duke aWalgrens in Miami . It's the only one I've seen and I'm glad I bought it , it's a killer smoking pipe !The bummer is , often times , the pipes are behing the counter [ it wasnt ever like that till alittle while ago ] . I just ask to see them . I travel for work about 25 % of the time and theres a good selection out there ... it's spread out

Pecci and Coda like this.
  5. JuJu McMojo

JuJu McMojo Member

You'll find much of the same in rhody. I did buy my Dr. G Omega at a Rite Aid. Usual otc would include Capt Black, SWR, Carter Hall. If you want something a little nicer, check out the Humidor Smoke Shop in Cranston or E Greenwich. Their stock is unpredictable, but you'll find some good tobacco and pipes if so inclined. The E Greenwich location is nicer, newer, and like almost everything in the state, on Route 1. The Cranston location is not far from the Warwick Malls.

6. Trauma

Trauma Active Member

I've only ever seen Omega's and Duke's here in MI. Both Walgreens and Rite Aid sell them.

7. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

Why don't you just order direct from the factory, that way you can order what you like and the shipping is free! Just give Debbie Osborne a call at 336-372-5521 and she will assist you.

Jussto and Coda like this.
  8. Pecci

Pecci Active Member

Ju JU - I plan on visiting the HMS, it is the home of my favorite aromatic.

Cobbsmoker - I didn't realize shipping was free. I had not seen prices on their site either.

9. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

When you call, Debbie Osborne will email you all the information you need to order from the factory, price list, order forms etc. They still do it the old fashioned way, you send in an order form with a check or money order and they ship your order within a few days, pipes from the factory are discounted up to 30%, you can also order Dill's pipe cleaners, Dr. Grabow filters, tobacco pouches etc. from the factory at discounted prices and shipping is like $3.00 on supplies.

Trauma likes this.
  10. ShilohHollow

ShilohHollow Anchors Aweigh

They're pretty quick with shipping too.

11. Pecci

Pecci Active Member

I appreciate the advice, fella's!

12. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Sales Account

I do remember seeing some Grabows behind the counter... I can't remember if it was the Rite Aid or the CVS (or possibly both) just around the way from me in Wakefield, RI. It certainly wouldn't hurt to check! Also I believe Mark at Tobacco Road in Newport has Grabows for sale in his shop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.