1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Grabow Omega Bent Pipe

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by HolySmoke, Mar 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HolySmoke

HolySmoke Member

Anybody tried one? Own one? How does it smoke? I have a few estate pipes but none compare to my Dr. Grabow. That being said I am thinking of getting another but want some opinions first.

2. HolySmoke

HolySmoke Member

Something tells me Ted may know a little about this one...

3. Luckistrykes

Luckistrykes Member

i got one, smaller bowl, smokes nice for a quick smoke

4. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

Remember that the Omega has a type of P-Lip stem.

5. Dutchking22

Dutchking22 Member

I have one, and it is great for a quick smoke. The nub? under the bit gets annoying and i melted mine down flat..other than the small bowl it is a great smoke

6. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

I have one and i LOVE it, the walls of the bowl are good and thick so it dosent get hot, ive tried but it just wont. Great smoker and i use the Savinelli balsa filters in mine and it make the world of difference. I quite enjoy the stem and the military style shank. All in all a great pipe with a great price tag!!!!!!

7. Dutchking22

Dutchking22 Member

I must pack mine wrong then, mate. I use a filter and the dang thing closes tighter than a bank vault! :bing:

8. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi all,

am experimenting with a couple of Doc Grabows at the moment - a Lark and a Duke, and have to say I'm impressed with Grabows, including the old Viking Bob Clark fixed for me recently.

You seem to get a lot of pipe for not much money imho,

Happy smoking

Gerry

9. HolySmoke

HolySmoke Member

Well based on what you all have said it is worth a try for sure. My birthday is coming up so I think I now know what to ask the wife for.

10. Dutchking22

Dutchking22 Member

What are you going to ask for?

11. sarge564

sarge564 Member

Got mine as an estate pipe. Love it and the P lip and I don't use the filter.

12. HolySmoke

HolySmoke Member

The Omega. And a backrub.

13. Dutchking22

Dutchking22 Member

Forget the pipe, ask for another backrub! :roflmao:

14. Brian

Brian Member

I have a DrG Omega. I think it smokes good, and I like it. Great for the price!

I found that I really need to keep it clean after smokes. Some of my other pipes are more forgiving, but if I don't get the moisture out real good, I get a bit of metalic taste the next time around. Not a huge deal really. I should be better about cleaning my pipes anyways...

I like the military stem too, which makes it easy to get at that moisture.

All-in-all: Hearty thumbs up.

15. Edlj

Edlj Member

I like the one Omega I have. Has always given a good smoke!

16. uncleburl

uncleburl Member

I really enjoy them as well. I stripped mine and refinished it with wax. I like the look better fills and all, which are hardly noticeable.

17. angrytruckingguy

angrytruckingguy Member

My current #1, no filter. Too wet? u can break it down, swab it out, jam it back together before it goes out.

18. Strongirish

Strongirish Member

The best of the Grabows. If I could not afford my higher end pipes I would be smoking Omegas as they smoke quite well for the money. They are a bit small though.

19. Simple Pleasure

Simple Pleasure Member

I am a new smoker of only about a year and a half, but I bought a new Omega a little more than a year ago and my Omega is the hardest pipe I own to keep lit. I thought the tiny air hole might be responsable so I sent an email to the company only to recieve a reply that they are not aware of any problems with that model. I use no filter and clean after every smoke.
    Maybe its me or my packing methods but my Savinelli and my mm cobs smoke a lot easier. Still its a pleasant smoke and I will continue trying different packing methods to make it work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.