1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Grabow or Greenbow?

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Basil Meadows, Jul 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

Had a Dr Grabow Grand Duke that came as a part of a purchase for a lot off Ebay. Finish was shot, and since I've already got 2 Grand Dukes already, this ole girl was put aside for more pressing projects.
    Got to looking at it tonight, The pits, the scratches, just a shot finish. Soooo, why not have a little fun and bring the lady back to life! Didn't take any before pics, this was done on a whim. But the after shots are here...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sanded it to bare wood, stained with Fiebings Green, buffed with a scotch brite pad, then carnauba wax. Was going to do a second coat of stain, but decided I like the finish the way it is. So I left it, lol.
    So right now I'm introducing the Grand Duke to Prince Albert, and I do believe the Royal Duo gets along just grand!
    What do ya think?

2. ted

ted Member

Great job. Love to see Grabows and all pipes brought back to life.. ted

colorduke, Coda and Basil Meadows like this.
  3. Klauswermann

Klauswermann Member

Very cool!

4. Skrymr

Skrymr Member

Very nice. I like the green.

5. ruralhipster

ruralhipster Member

I was expecting a Forrest Gump themed pipe but I have to say that is a nice home-made colorduke.

6. colorduke

colorduke Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.