1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Grabow Regal Purchase- did I make out?

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by eddy13, Mar 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eddy13

eddy13 Member

Looking to see if anyone can tell me anything about a new pipe I just purchased- such as age, if it's a 'good one', if it is more suited for a specific type of tobacco, etc.

It is a Regal Bulldog with a white Spade and it takes filters.
    The shank appears to be about an inch long and from the bit to a silver band is about 3 inches.

I did a bit of research and apparently the shorter shank models are older (?) That's all I know..

BTW-Paid $8.88 for it off ebay with free shipping, needs to be cleaned a bit...

Thanks for anything you can share.

2. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I look at it like this .... If the pipe smokes well , is comfortable and looks good too ... then Holy Smoke man . Plus it's a bulldog [awesome shape !]... you scored ! I dont know anything about Grabows except that I like their lark model [which is a smaller pipe] ... I'm a Kaywoodie guy .. but I know that they smoke well and have one hell of a following .... Enjoy

3. telltime

telltime Active Member

You got a pipe for less than $10. You can't get much better than that... If you like the pipe, you did great!

4. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

Well new Grabows can run between $20 - $40 so for $8, I'd say you did very nicely. I picked up a Grabow Starfire today for $17 with shipping:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My benchmark is to try never to pay more on e-bay than I can get it for new, unless it's something a bit rare.

5. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Thats a sweet looking pipe Brian ! Gotta love a classic shaped pipe ... the metal is killer too . I love my lark .. it was my uncles and it's got some stellar grain all around it . Smokes very good and is tops for a quick smoke !

6. eddy13

eddy13 Member

For $8.00 plus change, I can't complain at all. Even if it is just so-so.

7. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

I too think you did well, very well actually! I've been smoking Doc Grabows of late and have honestly nothing but good to say of them - for the money they offer a Hell of a good Smoking Engine and what more can you ask - so enjoy, and I wish you many happy years with the pipe,

Best to all

Gerry

8. jayf

jayf Member

IMHO, Dr G's are a great puffer. They sell 200,000 per year, Can't be all bad.

Peace,

Jayf

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.