1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Grand Oriental "train" ride today

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Puff The Magic, Aug 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

The day began comfortable temp & humidity wise, gentle breeze but not constant nor heavy at all. Starting off the morning, a DGT of PS GS (very mild and mellow VA), sort of like Reiner LGF's kid cousin. Nice start but now, let's get down to business! All aboard!

Classic Samsun

3 Oaks Syrian

Drama Reserve

Smyrna #1

Ringlow Syrian Reserve

WOW! All of them smoked very very well, white ash, clean, dry, no gurgle (all in cobs), they all were nicely sweet, rich creamy sweet, silky smooth smoke. Each and every one. For me, I'm still completely taken by Smyrna and Ringlow. Those 2 are what I'd choose if I had to choose 2 of the 5. The Ringlow Syrian Reserve I had smoked a bowlful yesterday and it was "knock my sandals off" good! So, finishing up the afternoon with a bowl of it totally confirmed my tastes were "on" and working proper as opposed to "smoked out". Today's bowl was as tastee as yesterday's. Smyrna #1 was just as powerfully good. I thoroughly enjoyed Smyrna #1 almost as much, and definitely moreso than the other 3, but Drama Reserve is also mighty tastee too, so was 3 Oaks Syrian and Classic Samsun! They all were delicious!

Just a wonderful day and 5 wonderful smokes. How can ya beat that?!!

Well, I plan to! Gonna be a Va & Va-Per day! Got 5 lined up (4 new to me, the other a recently new to me), so it ought to be fun too.........just gotta watch my sippin and don't start gulping!

:dunno:
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

2. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

How can you beat that, hmmm i drawing a blank, that sounds about perfect. I only smoked one pipe today cause i was busy makeing my pipe display cabnit like the one you posted.

3. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

4. Puff The Magic

Cool map Dondi! Yesterday, I didn't need no stinkin' map! I was "Lost in the Orient" and didn't have a care in the world........except when the bowl was at the bottom. It was a great ride and nice tour through McCl's orientals. Didn't do them all, just the ones I recently received in a TAD "Try some new ones" order. These are some great tobys and I will most definitely enjoy a ride on that train again.

Bubba, as long as you had fun, that's what matters. It really is quite gratifying to make your own rack. My wood skills aren't what they used to be so I am at the mercy of the builders. I picked this one up on ebay a short while ago. There are some racks just like this one but finished and has a glass door (keeps the dust out) but I like the open-ness, lets the pipes breathe.......

:bing:
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

5. CBR

CBR Member

Damn Puff! With this thread, the other Va(Per) thread and what you normally rotate, how many tins do you have open at one time? I guess I smoke too slowly, it seems to take a long time to finish a tin.

6. Puff The Magic

Yes, I have a bunch "opened". 7 flats (full, some are duplicates, not many though, just couldn't cram it all into one jar!) of 12 8oz jars. 4 flats (2 full, mainly flakes, 2 awaiting toby) of 12 12oz jars. 1 flat of 16oz jars (full, bulks). So, I've got a good bunch of toby "at the ready" but added to that is about a dozen speedloaders and another dozen of small 1oz pill bottles filled with "ready-dried" (mainly used for home-loads and speedloader reloading). Variety and immediate gratification is where I'm at..........aren't we all?! :thumbsu:

I plan on doing a "Meer-kat train ride" someday....but not until after NASPC. Just enjoyin' the gentlemanly art of the pipe. FULL SCALE! sort of...

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.