1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Great Dane Spool Cob

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Beale, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beale

Beale Active Member

So I ordered a new cob last night. A Great Dane Spool flat bottom. I also went ahaed and got 4 Danish Bent stems, Beale.

2. Marc

Marc Active Member

The Danish bits are comfortable and pass a cleaner easier than the standard bits, although rarely do you ever need to pass a cleaner down a cob while smoking.

Beale likes this.
  3. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

I've noticed you're definitely on the cob team lately, Beale! :) When I first started smoking a pipe years ago I assumed all the corncobs under the counter at the smoke shop were for novelty or for use as drug paraphernalia. If only I'd known... I think if I could give one piece of advice to new pipers, it wouldn't be about packing or cleaning or types of tobacco, it would be not to underestimate the power of the cob!
    I don't have a Dane Spool myself but I love the looks of them.

Beale likes this.
  4. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

+1 on cobs. I think Woody once said they should be standard issue for all new pipe smokers, and I'd agree. For very little coin, you can start out with a great smoker, and almost anyone can afford two or three right off the bat, so that you can rotate them properly.

Beale likes this.
  5. Beale

Beale Active Member

Thnks all! That is kind of why I got another. Being on a fixed budget I have to stretch my money, Beale.

6. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

I really like that MM model, and must order another - as I have just 'sacrificed' mine to make the bowl in my Avotar!
    Cheers OT

7. desertmoon

desertmoon Member

I've got all of my other pipes going through a cleaning regimen except one MM. I cleaned it an let it dry for a couple of weeks....it's my smoker for the weekend as I let the salt do its' magic on my others.

Thank God for cobs!!!! :bow:

8. Beale

Beale Active Member

The MMGDS came today! Very nice pipe and awesome service! Beale.

9. whitebriar

whitebriar Member

today i also received a new MMGDS--it arrived with another Diplomat and my first Great Dane Egg--
    put the Egg to work immediately with some JKP--it also was in the shipment--couple of slices cut off; rubbed out pretty finely--wasn't what i was expecting, but really pretty good--

i still believe the Spool is my best pipe--i'll say that again; "best pipe"

Beale likes this.
  10. Beale

Beale Active Member

I have grown to love my Cobs. I like great a great smoke at an awesome price. I am ginna sit on my 4 for a while now. I only have 2 non Cob pipes, Beale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.