Great Group

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by carelessone1, Dec 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carelessone1

carelessone1 Member

I recently joined this group a couple months back. Since then my experience here has been amazing. I would have to consider myself a new piper. In the past month or so I have received a couple packages of samples from a member on here. Each time I received a heads up they were coming so needless to say I was expecting them. But yesterday I got a surprise in the mail. (The duck tape was a nice touch :D ) 7 Different kinds a baccy and 2 briars!!!!!! To top it off I also got a real nice letter warning me 1 of the baccys will kick my butt :D What a great holiday gift. I am floored by all the nice people on here! I pray that one day when my knowledge and collection of pipes build that I will be able to share with y'all and return the kindness. You guys have really become a blessing in my life, thank you.

Goat, ArtisanArcher, BradNTX and 7 others like this.
  2. buistd

buistd Sales Account

I couldn't agree more. This forum is full of great people and it is a great resource for learning about our shared hobby/passion/obsession.

carelessone1 likes this.
  3. Marc Freeman

Marc Freeman Member

Totally agree, new here myself but the forum seems full of very helpful, knowledgeable people.
    Smoked a pipe for a lot of years but never to old to learn.

Regards

Marc.

carelessone1 likes this.
  4. Smokey Tom

Smokey Tom Active Member

Yes, I was really charmed by the good nature of the people who frequent this forum. I haven't felt the need to look anywhere else.

5. PipeWife

PipeWife Active Member

I've always been told duct tape will fix whatever a BFH can't solve ... but yes, there are a LOT of generous folk here, and I have also received things in the mail myself from this crew. In fact, the first PM offering me some samples hit my inbox within two hours of joining and shortly after one of my first posts here! From my own experience, I would guess you're just supposed to enjoy and pass things on at some point.

Raffxr7 and carelessone1 like this.
  6. beammeuptothesky

beammeuptothesky Member

Now, if we could just get that great sense of community to reverberate out into the World, what a wonderful World it could be.

Best forum I have ever been in. Hands down.

~Aaron

Raffxr7 likes this.
  7. N3M0

N3M0 Active Member

We really do have a fantastic group of guys and gals here. I can definitely say that I've been on both ends of the generosity on this forum, and I look forward to continuing it.

PipeWife likes this.
  8. PipeWife

PipeWife Active Member

That pretty much sums things up.

N3M0 likes this.
  9. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

Yes, this is a great and generous community. I have talked a couple of people into signing up for this forum and even got one of those into pipe smoking. I have received several samples from folks here and have sent samples to a few. The idea of PIF (pay it forward) is alive and well on PSF as is the wealth of knowledge.

10. Raffxr7

Raffxr7 Active Member

There is a reason I told you to join here buddy--its the best place on the internet. Think of it as the opposite of that place with a number and a channel with trolls but no bridges. (I am afraid to write it properly and have it show up on google...)

11. buistd

buistd Sales Account

I have no idea what you're talking about so you're safe there!

N3M0 and Raffxr7 like this.
  12. N3M0

N3M0 Active Member

x2 LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.