Great pipe smoking weather

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by RTOdhner, Oct 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

It's been raining since about 10:00pm last night, the air smells fresh and clean, and it's cool enough for a hoodie. I was out on the front porch this morning, smoking a cob full of PS Aromatic Dutch Slices, sipping on a cup of black coffee, and enjoying the whole thing.

2. Scottly

Scottly Member

Glad to hear your finally gettin some relief from that hot dry weather you been having out there in the Lone Star State.

I have noticed how good a pipe smokes outside when its a little cool, very enjoyable.

3. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

I couldn't stand cold weather until I started smoking a pipe.....:)

4. furious

furious Junque collector

Very nice here in MD. Low humidity and upper 70s today. Tonight should be perfect for smoking out in the garage. Shouldn't have to fire up the kerosene heater till November.

5. RTOdhner

Yezzir. It's no wonder that an autumn walk ranks so highly as a perfect pipe smoking experience. Cool weather, crisp fresh air, and beautiful colors. I got two of those three today. Autumn isn't really a major issue here in most of Texas - at least not like in New England or some such place. However, Texas does have the "Hill Country" that begins down in Glenn Rose, TX. That's only about 20 miles away, and in a week or two the leaves should be starting to turn. Guess where I'll be, smoking on a cob full of MacB Vintage Syrian?

6. RTOdhner

And now it's just great, isn't it.

7. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

Well, it's better but it's still not great....:)

I am getting better about it though and don't start griping until the mercury falls into single digits.

8. user1975

user1975 Active Member

I hear you RTO, it's been really nice here in West GA as well. It's 69 here right now, and lows have been in the low 50's... just about as good as it gets.

9. Tanman

Tanman Member

Clear and 50 in the mornings here in Indiana; had a slight fog on the retention pond this morning; great way to start out with a large hot coffee and a bowl of 1Q in my falcon; only sad part; work calls again tomorrow!:confused:

10. Sly2517

Sly2517 Member

Coffee and pipe =Heaven!

11. Sly2517

Sly2517 Member

Here in San Antonio it keeps feeling like summer but just tonight it got a bit cold but really windy. Too windy to smoke out doors for me. By the way how cold is too cold for pipes?

12. user1975

user1975 Active Member

Depends on the individual I would imagine. I wouldn't want to smoke a whole bowl outside if it gets below about 40.

13. WrightwoodJohn

WrightwoodJohn Wrightwood expatriate

I tell folks I live in Southern California, and they think whole area has warm weather. But I live in a mountain town, my house sits at 6000 ft elevation, so I shovel plenty of snow (just got a new Ariens Snowblower for this year though). I'll be smoking my pipe out on the deck, even if I have to get a thermal on!

14. RTOdhner

Never. It's never too cold for a pipe. :bing:

Mark w4mms likes this.
  15. RTOdhner

Especially on a Saturday or Sunday morning, before all the kids are up. It's quiet, and I can think - and kick back with my pipe and cup of joe and just just enjoy the moment.

Tanman and Mark w4mms like this.
  16. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

Right now in SE Michigan its 50 with a very slight breze, perfect smoking weather. As i type this, im sitting outside enjoying some SG navy flake

Mington likes this.
  17. AK Kilted Guy

AK Kilted Guy Member

It's getting down into the teens here now. Will be sub zero before long. I need to find a good indoor place to smoke.

18. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Right now. Love the Autumn and Winter season. Nothing like a pipe full of great tobacco accompanied with a mug of hot Tea or a Dark Roast Coffee.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.