1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Great Price On Blasted L'Anatra At Smokingpipes

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by nesta, May 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

http://smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/lanatra/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=122193

Nice bent, sandblasted L'Anatra for 120.

My rusticated Billiard was 156, and it's an awesome pipe.

This one has a good looking blast, and a smallish chamber but still substantial enough for a satisfying smoke. If you've ever been curious about this brand, I bet this will probably be a good pipe at a great price. Silver banded and everything!

2. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

3. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

Dammit, Nesta. You've already stirred my TAD. Now you're making me buy pipes too? :byg:

PipeSimmo likes this.
  4. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I like my L'Anatra a lot! It's heavy, but it's good if you're not a clencher, or if you're watching TV or something. It's a fine smoking pipe - not the best, but darn good. The BST and Baki are both better, but I love it.

That said, I only have the one and have no idea why this one is so reasonably priced. I can't guarantee it would be a good pipe. But I would expect it would be, and if I hadn't just recently bought the new Stanwell, I'd snatch it up. If I can't have it, it would be nice to see someone here buy it :)

PipeSimmo and WalkinStick like this.
  5. Jim44

Jim44 Member

What's the little thingy on top of the stem? I think that would be a deal breaker for me, unless it serves some real important purpose.

PipeSimmo likes this.
  6. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Lol, it's a silver goose head. It's purely decorative, they do tiny "hood ornaments" on many of their pipes as a change of pace from the inlaid branding many pipe makers use. Mine had the 3D silver goose head on the stem, I think it's neat :)

7. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

well...it's "L'anatra" italiano for "the duck" - and the pipes are graded in "uova" - eggs

cobbsmoker likes this.
  8. BRotherBriar

BRotherBriar Member

Maybe they priced it wrong. It's up to $196 now.

9. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

There used to be an eBay vendor where you could buy new L'Anatra pipes for a good price with a little stealthy sniping. He's since closed up shop and moved to China. His supply of L'Anatras dried up with the move.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.