1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Great way to end the week.

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Glenn, Jan 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

I just dragged my tired tail in from a rough day at work. I rounded the corner to my back door and there on the grill sits a nice surprise from the UPS man. 3 boxes for me.

Got a couple tins of Jacknife Plug, some Burley Flake #3, Opening Night, Meridian, Mississippi Mud, St. James Woods and a pouch of Five Brothers. Cold weather is on tap and I have a stack of fly tying materials on my fly tying bench. It's gonna be a good weekend.

All these are new to me. Can't wait to try them all.

Yall have a great weekend!

2. beeftip

beeftip Member

Where did you order from? I've been looking for Five Brothers.

3. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Excellent haul, Glenn! Enjoy it!

dp

4. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

Check with Byron Oost on the Five Brothers. I'll have to pull up the link to his website for you when I get on my computer. He'll have the best price on it.

5. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

Beeftip, three different deals. I ordered some stuff from Mr. Oost, did a trade for the Mississippi Mud and got two tins in the old guy/new guy swap.

6. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

7. owias12

owias12 Member

Glenn,

I just had my first bowl of Jack Knife plug last night. Great smoke. It packs a bit of a punch in the vitamin N department. I found the taste to be excellent when sipped slow. Enjoy it and the weekend.

bp

8. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

I smoked two bowls back to back this evening. Very nice. The rave reviews are accurate. I have been looking for a blend along these lines for awhile now. The beautiful thing is it has the strength I was looking for but there is also a good bit of complexity and it is very well balanced.

The vitamin N is there but it isn't too bad. It isn't as strong as Irish Flake. Maybe more like some of the G&H blends I have been smoking lately. Strong enough that I feel it but not so strong I need to smoke it on a full stomach.

I'll review it when I have smoked a few more bowls. So far it is a winner.

9. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.