1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

GW Sims Pipes from the past

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by buistd, Dec 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buistd

buistd Active Member

Hi there - I was recently lucky enough to get hold of a boat load of new old stock unsmoked pipes from an old London tobacconist that shut down at the end of the 70's. From what the internet tells me these pipes were made by an ex Charatan employee, and looking them over last night they look to be very well drilled. Some of them have some pretty ugly fills so I may rusticate them and refinish them but on the whole they are great pipes. Read more about them here:

http://pipedia.org/index.php?title=Sims

I will be listing some of the better ones in the for sale section on here once I get some photos taken and a selling account sorted.

If anyone knows anything about GW Sims I would love to hear some more info about the shop/pipes.

2. bluepipe

bluepipe Member

So can I call you a true pipe collector now? I am sure your collection total is creeping up...

I think everyone's waiting for the pictures.

3. SmokeyJoe

SmokeyJoe Active Member

4. buistd

buistd Active Member

Just taken them down to a local pipe club and sold a few. Will be taking the rest to the Pipe Club of London. Pictures will follow if I have any left to sell.

5. colorduke

colorduke Active Member

This is like Waiting for Santa to show up.

6. WrightwoodJohn

WrightwoodJohn Wrightwood expatriate

7. buistd

buistd Active Member

8. buistd

buistd Active Member

Hang in there big fella. Will only photograph them if I plan on selling them online, either here or eBay. The camera on my phone only takes good pictures once in a blue moon so need to wait for Mrs buistd to get her camera set up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.