1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Hackert cob

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by eddy13, Apr 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eddy13

eddy13 Member

I love my MM Pride and finally, after many tries, was able to get a Hackert off of ebay this morning.
    At last glance there was one cob left...

Can't wait to try it out...

2. Pecci

Pecci Active Member

That last one just disappeared as I was mulling! :whistle:

Does Jake make any custom cobs. I'm looking for one that is less than 5" long.

3. qwik

qwik Member

I need pictures :|

4. bandlwalmer

bandlwalmer Member

I just placed an order with Jake. He does do custom orders. Send him a message through ebay and he will get back to you, but be ready for it to take a little while. He isn't the fastest at replyng. I ordered a bent general with an antler shank. I will post pics when I get it, but no idea when that might be. He said I am on the list but doesn't know when he will get to it. Hopefully it isn't too long.

5. Kyle Black

Kyle Black Member

Love my Hackert. I'll never need another cob, its thy good

Enjoy.

6. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Gee, I have a bent General with an antler shank. I guess this means you have excellent taste. My congratulations to you!

7. eddy13

eddy13 Member

8. eddy13

eddy13 Member

That is what I am hoping-
    What exactly makes it / them so great??

9. yinyang

They are excellent because they have a hardwood bottom, a more durable shank (for the most part, depends on the material), they have, or eliminate the need for, a band to reinforce the end of the 'shank', and they usually have a vulcanite or equivalent stem...as opposed to the cheap plastic base equipment.

A well mother nurtured cob(MM cobs, that is) with Jake's helping hand, makes for a quality, durable smoker. Is it the last, and only cob you'll ever need or want??? Eh, the jury is out. I have two Hackert's, and already desire a few extras.

10. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

Congrats! My two Hackert antler-shank cobs have given me years of smoking pleasure. Yours will do likewise.

11. desertmoon

desertmoon Member

VERY cool!!!

A nice, conservative and very "genteel" cob!!!

Here's to many a good bowl through it!!!!!

12. Pecci

Pecci Active Member

Before one places an order, is there a website that showcases his work? :thankyou:

13. bandlwalmer

bandlwalmer Member

Not that I know of. If you go on ebay though and do a search for "Hackert" and then click on "Completed Listings" you can see the pipes he sold recently on there to get an idea of what they look like. I just sent him a message telling him what I am looking for. Seems like most of his cobs are between $20 and $30. He also does briar pipes, but they obviously cost much more.

I sa on ebay what looks to be a MM Freehand from him for $30. He told me he would charge me $25 for the general...should I change my order to a Freehand if it isn't too late? I just always hear about how great the freehands are, but also hear a lot of positives about the generals...decisions, decisions...

14. bandlwalmer

bandlwalmer Member

Thanks! I can't wait to get my hands on one. Living so close to him I just had to have one...next will have to be a Boswell :)

15. Pecci

Pecci Active Member

Thank you, Brad! I checked them out. They all have a certain, simplistic charm about them.

16. Pecci

Pecci Active Member

Where did you find his email address?

17. yinyang

Well, my other Hackert is a Freehand. I wouldn't rock the boat, changing orders mid stream. Both are excellent pipes. I think the Freehand makes for a better flake pipe, but that doesn't make the General less appealing. The General actually isn't less of a flake pipe, it is just a smidge deeper, making packing flake more annoying...to me. It really shines as a gravity fill, ribbon cut pipe.

These are personal hang ups, though. You are bound to be more than satisfied with whatever comes to your doorstep.

18. bandlwalmer

bandlwalmer Member

Thanks so much. I will leave well enough along then :)

I want to apoligize to the original poster for unintentionaly high-jacking the thread!

As far as Jake's email. I just went to one of his auctions and clicked on the seller and sent a message, but his user name is jacob8706. Hope that helps. He doesn't accept new orders all the time, so if you want to place an order I wouldn't wait around too long.

19. qwik

qwik Member

Does Mr. Hackert cobs have the stem protruding into the bowl like standard MM cobs. Not that i know if it makes a difference just a thought. :whistle:

20. Pecci

Pecci Active Member

I wrote him last night and asked him if he could make me one. He wrote back today to tell me he's not accepting orders.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.