1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Hackert General

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by bandlwalmer, Apr 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bandlwalmer

bandlwalmer Member

I am going to be picking up my first Hackert on Sunday. I am pretty anxious to see just how good they are. He lives about an hour from me and I will be down that way on Sunday so I will get it then. If I could figure out how to post pics I would, but having some difficulties. I will see if I can get a flicker account or something. Thanks!

Brad

2. bandlwalmer

bandlwalmer Member

3. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Shweet!

You are going to love it...well, unless you're a hard core clencher. The antler really makes it 'pop', doesn't it?

Man, Sunday is like a lifetime away, I'll bet...

4. bandlwalmer

bandlwalmer Member

It is. Why do you say about the clencher? Just because the pipe is so big? I do like to clench, but like the look of the general so much that I had to get it. I am not a huge clencher and plan to use this pipe mostly when I am sitting around doing nothing anyways.

Jake actually had a couple Generals that he had on ebay the other week and he asked me to check them out, but they had oak shanks and I really wanted the antler so he made me one :) I can't wait. We are closing on our new house on Friday, moving over the weekend, but I will need to make time to get to Jake's to pick her up!!!

5. yinyang

Yes. My antlered General weighs a ton. Not really, but walk a dog with one smoldering for two hours and you'll see what I mean. Now sitting on the patio, drinking a libation or three, all the while clenching being an option??? Pure heaven.

Make no mistake, for rustic appeal and pure smoking enjoyment, you just bought the deal of the decade. Look forward to it, Brad, cuz I would!!!

YMMV, but I doubt it. You bought yourself a winner, bud!

6. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Sounds like Kyle likes the "Horny Hackerts! Erruugh, wait, I've got a "Horny Hackert" Gen (looks zactly like yerz!) Too :) great pipes and definitely a high class cob! Corn-gratz!

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    Cogito ergo puff

7. David L

David L Member

Man, that is one sweet cob! I've heard of this guy around here, but hadn't seen any of his stuff. Amazing work. Enjoy that sucker on Sunday! :thumbsu:

Where can you find these at? Does he he have a website?

8. yinyang

Puff is right, I loves my Hackert(s)! No shame to my game.

9. WisconsinPiper

WisconsinPiper Member

Holy tall bowl batman! Load that sucker up with the good stuff and you'll be enjoying it for hours.

That antler is sweeeeeeeet looking!

-Edit- Looking at that thing made me suddenly desire a cob full, so now I'm puffing a bit of OGS in one of my MM. Oh how I love cobs.

10. CMAsailor

CMAsailor Active Member

Love the antler! Great lookin Cob! Congrats!

11. Pecci

Pecci Active Member

Your lucky, Brad. I asked him to make me one last night, but he said he couldn't. I haven't seen anything on his E-Bay site, either.

Oh, well. :dunno:

12. Mike Pomery

Mike Pomery Active Member

That Hackert fits a fine Cob.

13. eddy13

eddy13 Member

That is NICE.
    I have a new Hackert, I believe it is a Diplomat bowl, and love it.
    I wasn't sure about the antler before, but I love the look here.
    Enjoy!!

14. Beale

Beale Active Member

That is an awesome looking Cob!! I love the stem! Man that bowl is a day killer for sure! Nice for the deck on a good day! Beale.

15. RP McMurphy

RP McMurphy Member

Very nice Brad! :thumbsu:
    I'm not much for cobs, but that one I wouldn't mind having. Reckon I'll just have to get one now.

16. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

I just got my first Hackert last week. I loved the pipe. I had been in talks with him about reworking some of my cobs, but he no longer does that. Shouldnt have waited those extra months.

17. RP McMurphy

RP McMurphy Member

Could someone tell me where I might pick up a cob as such? :whistle:
    As if my PAD aint bad enough!

18. bandlwalmer

bandlwalmer Member

Well, they aren't the easiest to find. I sent him a message on ebay and that is how I slowly was able to communicate with him (he was a bit slow at responding at times). He doesn't take custom orders all the time so you have to time it right. He does list pipes on Ebay at times, but they don't last long when he does. His user name on Ebay is Jacob8706. When you send him a message, you may want to ask if he is accepting custom orders and if not, when he thinks he might. That way you know when to ask again.

Why does Sunday have to be sooooo far away????? LOL

19. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

THAT IS AWESOME!!! Nice grab Brad!
    God Bless!!! Ray

20. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

lol... I love it!
    Now that's a piper: "So yeah, I'm getting some new house Friday.... But what I'm really excited about is this new corncob pipe I'm picking up!! Let me tell you about it!"
    :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.