1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Hackert Pipes

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by bjrobinson, Jun 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bjrobinson

bjrobinson Member

How...where...when....cost?

I WANT ONE!

2. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

I've wanted one for over a year, but can't seem to find one either. I checked on ebay regularly and other on line sites I'd received tips on. I thought he might be at the Chicago Pipe Show last month, but wasn't there either. I've just about given up... :oops:

3. WrightwoodJohn

WrightwoodJohn Wrightwood expatriate

4. Hudson

Hudson Member

5. LawMonkey

LawMonkey Member

Based on the finished listings, he seems to specialize in large-bowled nose-warmers?

6. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

Didn't see any bent's on there either. That's a shame, 'cause them's some fine looking pipes.

7. bjrobinson

bjrobinson Member

8. Hudson

Hudson Member

He doesn't currently have any inventory but down the page a bit he provides the names of several shops that allegedly handle his work. Thought it might provide some new sources for you to check. Sure seems that a lot of these artisan pipemakers can't make them fast enough to satisfy the demand.

9. Tortuga

Tortuga Member

From what I understand, you can call him and order one. 717-898-6359 is the phone number I was given for him. If you do order, please let us know how much it cost. I know what his stuff goes for on ebay, but I'm curious about price straight from the source.

10. BradNTX

I'm not interested in his briar so much as in one of his customized cobs.

11. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

Not familiar with his briar offerings, but have a great custom cob w/antler shank and vulcanite saddle bit stem.

12. Russell Hartman

Russell Hartman Stay Silver

I gotta agree with LawMonkey on Hackert pipes. I live not too far away from Lancaster, Pa., and have been in that area many times. I have made several attempts to stop in a several places Mr. Hackerts YouTube site shows as places in which they sell his work. I have actually looked at several of his pipes that one store owner himself owned. He said they were great little smokers. NONE of the stores had any of his pipes left for sale. I asked them besides calling him how long it would be before they perhaps would have any of his work for sale----they laughed, and said--good luck. In the Hackert pipe area around Lancaster those folks buy them up fast. The folks I talked to said they can be hard to get unless you speak with him, and actually get him to make one. I have been told that they go for $125--$200 range. The ones I looked at had larger apple shaped bowls with shorter stems, and one exhibited what I will call carvedl bowl, and the other more of a rusticated look. The drilling appeared to be spot on. It seems the guy has developed a huge following. His latest comm. on his site says he will be taking orders in June 2012 if my memory serves me right.

13. cigarsarge

cigarsarge Active Member

I have one of his cobs...One of my best smokers.

Rewster66 likes this.
  14. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

I have two, one from Yang and the other I can't remember where I got it. :ohyh:

15. BradNTX

Sure, Rew & Sarge, just rub it in. :booty:

16. bandlwalmer

bandlwalmer Member

Calling him and talking to him directly is thebest way to get them. He is an older gentleman that is VERY nice to talk to, but he doesn't make a ton of pipes. It took me a while, but I finally got my antler shank general :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.