1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Hackert...

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by bandlwalmer, Feb 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bandlwalmer

bandlwalmer Member

Hello! I have been reading about how wonderful Hackert cobs are and since I enjoy the cobs I have, I can only imagine how much I would enjoy a Hackert. The problem is that I am having trouble getting my hands on one. Does anyone know where I can get one? Thanks so much!

2. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

They get swooped up nearly as fast as Jake lists them. Sometimes they'll sit on ebay (his only store front tmk) for a few days but they go fast. Drop him an email through his site and see what happens. I've heard he doesn't take calls very well at times..........so an email is less intrusive. Good luck on your Hackert quest!

Obtw, they are very nice cobs and if you're really jonesin for a great cob........MM "CCSS" is a killer cob as is Walker Bros' MM Freehand if you just can't wait for the Hackert "train" to show up. ;)

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    Cogito ergo puff

3. Shootinok

Shootinok Member

His website seems to be down. I know he was real busy last year when I got mine.
    Super nice guy. Still made mine in a few weeks.

looks like he still has a store on Ebay...
    http://stores.ebay.com/Hand-Crafted-Pipes-by-Jake-Hackert

I did not call, I emailed him and he would respond within a few days.

4. bandlwalmer

bandlwalmer Member

Maybe this is a complete noobie question, but what is a "CCSS". I have been eyeing a forever stem for my cobs and have also been looking at the freehands...read some good things about them. Really like the idea of the antler and the fact that Kackert is so close to where I live, but so far that hasn't helped me much. I am hoping to findd a store that sells his pipes since he ives in the county next to me, but we'll see.

5. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Wow! If you live in the Lancaster Pa area, check out the b&m's for Hackerts there! He distributes nearly Lancaster-wide....may get "lucky"

:velho:

Ed Puff!
    Cogito ergo puff

P.S. ahhhhhhhhh, the thrill of the chase is almost as exciting as getting her in your hot lil' mits! ;)

6. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Jake does have a way with corn. Puff's suggestion(s) are a good alternative too.

7. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Corn Cob Snob Society...CCSS.

8. bandlwalmer

bandlwalmer Member

Thanks for the suggestions. I may have to look around Lancaster for one. Maybe even make the trip today since the school I teach at is closed due to the weather. I will also have to look at those freehands.

9. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator Moderator

He answers my emails and takes my orders by email, etc. I am a few pipes ahead right now so I haven't been in touch with Jake for maybe six months.

10. bandlwalmer

bandlwalmer Member

Well took a trip over to Lancaster with the family and did some shopping while we were there. stopped at 2 tobacco shops, one had very little pipe stuff and the other was closed (Demuth Tobacco Shop). Hopefully I can talk to them soon and see if they have any. I will also be checking out the Freehands mentioned. Thanks guys!

11. stormwulf133

stormwulf133 Member

I have a "king" cob from Jake. Its an awesome cob. You can see it on my vids. Anyhow, just drop him an email, but I know he has like 30 custom orders waiting right now. He is one hell of a guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.