Hamborger veermaster

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by WVDAVE, Nov 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WVDAVE

WVDAVE Active Member

Tonight I smoked my first bowl of Hamborger Veermaster (really my second I tried a little bit when I got it a couple puffs), thanks to our gracious member Rewster66. Now I'm new at pipes with only two months experience and have tried many different baccys on my journey but this is absolutely the best smoke I ever had. It's hard to put in words the place this took me too flavorwise. I was reminded of my youthful days of long ago, the smell of fresh cut grass and chewing on the long stems of sweet grass. Let me stop rambling before this becomes my first review and get to my question. I readily got on line to find this goddess of tobaccos only to find out at this time no one has it in stock. Is there any other tobacco that comes close to this,( which I doubt)?

RTOdhner, IrishRover and Rewster66 like this.
  2. user1975

user1975 Active Member

I have this on my TAD list as well, and everything I've heard about it is great. I haven't seen any in stock anywhere online in a couple of weeks now.

Rewster66 likes this.
  3. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

I hear the previous US distributor no longer is. But I also read here that it should be re-appearing on shelves again. Must have a new distributor I guess. Lmk by pm if ya are desperate to burn this weed and I'll fix you two up. ;)

Ed
    Puff

Mark w4mms and Rewster66 like this.
  4. user1975

user1975 Active Member

Sending PM

5. WVDAVE

WVDAVE Active Member

PM sent. Thank You.

6. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

You guys are singing my song. HV is my all time favorite smoke, and that hasn't changed after smoking probably 100 other blends after having HV for the first time. I've smoked 5 year old Full Virginia Flake, and several other well aged Virginias, which were good, but did not top my fondness for HV.

If I don't see any for sale in the U.S. after the first of the year, I plan to buy a 2.2 lb box direct from Germany for the cellar. This is one I'd be sad to ever run out of.

My Preciousssss:
    [​IMG]

Mark w4mms and Jeebs like this.
  7. user1975

user1975 Active Member

You're killing me here, Brad!

8. Jeebs

Jeebs Active Member

I'm smoking a bowl of this fine stuff as I come online and begin to read....

Mark w4mms and BradNTX like this.
  9. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

Oh great another one to add to the TAD list. I've never heard of this stuff, it seems like I better get some when it comes in stock.

Gary and Mark w4mms like this.
  10. el guero

el guero Member

Me too! Yesterday I asked my wallet what it had done to these guys, the seem to have a vendetta lol

Mark w4mms likes this.
  11. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

A damn good smoke it is!

Mark w4mms likes this.
  12. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

What a beautiful sight! :puffy:

13. troyn60

troyn60 Member

I'm jealous.

Mark w4mms likes this.
  14. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

Nice photo Brad.....I'm sitting on right around that much my-own-self. One of the better Va tobaccos out there.

BradNTX and Mark w4mms like this.
  15. user1975

user1975 Active Member

Yeah Brad, I wish my cellar looked that good!

BradNTX likes this.
  16. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

I remember last fall when a couple of the eTailers put HV on sale for $7 per 50g tin. I snapped up 10 of them. Put 4 tins worth in that smaller jar and gave the rest away to PSFers in trade and the Box Pass. Who'd of known HV would disappear like that! For a long time it was off everyone's radar. I guess we (in the know) sold it a little too hard. :oops:

All well, gives me an excuse to knock the rust of my Deutch and order the 2.2 lb box from the motherland. :)

17. user1975

user1975 Active Member

I have a friend sending a sample to me. I have an idea I'm going to really like it, and will have to add it to my list of unobtainium blends.

18. powell0892

powell0892 Member

I use to like this stuff for awhile Virginias was all I would smoke seems that my taste are starting to go more towards Latakia blends....I didnt realize how hard it was to obtain right now and was trying to trade for some frog morton, fortunately Rewster made that happen!

19. WayneTeipen

WayneTeipen Member

I just delved into the Dan Tobacco offerings a little over a year ago and am better for it. HV is a very good tobacco. I'm hoping it's even better with some age on it as I have some deep in the cellar.

20. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

If you're going to order, let's get together. I'm getting low on OI, but haven't had the gumption to put together an overseas order.

Edited to add, this could get expensive - OI, TD#12, hmmmm, yeah, expensive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.