1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Hardcastle

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by nesta, Jun 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

"by Dunhill"

These affordable pipes look nice. I've seen one or two references to them over time here. Who has one? How does yours smoke? Generally reliable enough to order one online?

I'm not in the market for a new pipe at the moment, I'm just curious about these.

2. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

I only have one from the 'sixties' - it's fine, but coming from the Dunhill, Parker, Hardcastle stable - I would think you could order with confidence.
    OT

3. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

You might do a search of the forum. It seems to me this came up not too long ago.

4. ichabod

ichabod Member

I have one I found in an antique shop, had it cleaned up and been smoking it for about a week now. I love it! It's one of my favorites. It seems that others here like it a lot also. It's a cherry-wood poker, never been a fan of pokers but I love this one.

5. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

They're good pipes ! Classic shapes

6. jhe888

jhe888 Member

I have an older one (age unkown) in a classic bent bulldog. It smokes very nicely. There are a couple of fills in the briar, but the briar is quite nice otherwise and has some decent grain. I don't much about new ones, but I like the one I have. At about $60, fully cleaned and polished, it was worth the price.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.