1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Have You Tried Prince Albert Cherry Vanilla Or Soft Vanilla

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Marc, Apr 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marc

Marc Active Member

I have smoked Prince Albert for years but have never tried the Cherry Vanilla or Soft Vanilla blends, mainly looking for a sweet change of pace smoke for the summer with the Prince Albert base tobacco taste. If you have tried either of these two blends, I would appreciate some feedback. Thanks everyone!

2. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

I haven't actually tried these two, but....

You know I never thought I'd say or write this, but Rhona and I were out with friends for a Curry night last night at our local Wetherspoons - dropped into the tobacconists on my way there and on impulse thought I'd try a flavoured tobacco, "Sweet Peach" and whisper it, I enjoyed it!

I've always been against the very idea of these types of tobacco - having a fairly straightforward mind I've always believed that tobacco should taste like tobacco; an opinion reinforced by the one time I was persuaded to try a hookah with date and apple flavoured Egyptian tobacco in it.

Yes the "Sweet Peach" is pretty sweet, and it does both smell and taste quite convincingly of peaches, but at the same time it's a good mixture of Virginia, Cavendish and Burleys of mild to meduim strength which smokes cleanly to the last shred.

Would I smoke it all the time? No, but as an occasional change, especially after eating Jalfrezi Chicken, I'd keep it in the armoury for when I felt like a change. Will I now try a cherry or vanilla flavoured tobacco - yes.

Still can't quite get my head round the facts that I quite liked it and owned up to it!

Best to all

Gerry

3. Marc

Marc Active Member

Well said Gerry, I usually smoke a little Cherry Blend for a change of pace smoke, it has a good tobacco base but I'm thinking these Prince Albert aromatics will have the same tobacco taste with a little more sweetness and hint of flavor, if not, I will stick with the Cherry blend.

4. Strongirish

Strongirish Member

You would never guess they are PA. I smoke PA more than sany other tobacco, have for years, but the Vanilla and Cherry Vanilla don't taste, smell, look like or perform anywhere near. Way to mild for me. See my reviews on www.tobaccoreviews.com for more.

5. Marc

Marc Active Member

Thanks Strongirish, I'll take a look.

6. swobbie

swobbie Member

Marc---you need to try some of the cherry blends that Tim has at Davis & Sons, my tobacconist. Located in Wilmington, NC. On the web.

7. Marc

Marc Active Member

When I head down that way I plan on stopping in, I live in Winston-Salem. Thanks for the heads up!

8. swobbie

swobbie Member

Tim will send you his complete catalog---he has a vast shipping business.

9. Marc

Marc Active Member

Would you please PM me his contact information, thanks.

10. Marc

Marc Active Member

I have decided to just keep some Cherry Blend around for a change of pace OTC blend when I tire of Prince Albert. Thanks everyone, now back to my Virginias!

11. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

I like many others have smoked regular PA. I've never tried Prince Albert's cherry.....but his daughter's cherry was FANTASTIC!!!!! :huh:

12. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Member

:0laugh: :huh: :xd:

13. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

with just a hint of.......Beaver! :)

14. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

Mix MacBaren Vanilla Creme and PA. It is good. Start at 50/50 and adjust from there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.