Hazing the new guy...

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Kyle Black, Feb 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyle Black

Kyle Black Member

Well first off, gotta say thanks to BulldogJeff for putting up with me in the newbie trade.

One hell of a guy. Sent me 25 samples of almost everything under the roof (to me at least lol).

Tambolaka, Black xx, Irish Flake, just to name a few.
    I only wish I had sent hime more on my end, deff. wasn't expecting that.

Thanks Jeff.

Anyways, decided to try three bowls in the past 2 or so hours. Started off with Black xx, as I had already went ahead and ordered 6 oz. of it earlier this week.
    Wow... that is one hellof a tobacco. And its just that, tobacco, I love it. I know I'm smoking tobacco. Took it slow after reading a little bit on it, not becausee of Vit. N but because I wanted to catch the little nuances that people say are in there. Well, I just taste tobacco, but thats what I wanted/expected and I love it for that.
    Gave a nice little buzz too, by a little I mean alot.

Next right afterwards was a bowl of Tambo. Man, that is just an outright awesome tobacco. Love the cigar-ness too it. Peppery, earthy robust. I love it. Not to mention its a nice supplier of N as well.
    Will be trying to order some soon.
    Those two bowls put me in a chair....

Right beside my flake of Irish Flake :)

Here we go, rubbed out, filled, lit. Nice leathery/ earthy flavor with a little pepper bite there. Its a great smoke and I can see why its hard to find. That is one hell of a bowl. That pushed me over the hill. Slowly got up and went to my couch, where Im typing this.

I feel great.

In a bit I will have a bowl of GH Dark Flake that I ordered with my Black XX.

2. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

You are smoking some of my favorites right there...glad to see a newbie not pooh poohing real tobacco in favor of the usual starter aromatics. BTW, you know you don't have to smoke those blends back to back like that, right? You don't have to impress anyone here.

3. TRAVIS

TRAVIS Member

A couple more bowls and you'll be down for the count. Good luck. :yikes:

4. Kyle Black

Kyle Black Member

Yang, I know, just wanted to try all three of them, been itching, and I really didnt feel like waiting. Deff. wont be doing that again though. Passed out for a couple hours lol. Im really loving these nice strong tobaccos.

5. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

I like a man prepared to suffer for his art and in pursuit of knowledge! Well done - now just sit back and enjoy the rest!

Best as ever

Gerry

6. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

What is Black xx?
    *Oh....nevermind, I see it is a SG product.

7. Jay

Jay Active Member

Black xx will make you a real man in no time

8. guitarist7242

guitarist7242 Member

One of my first ever smokes was an Irish Flake. That definitely "put me in a chair." That is a fine tabacco and I'm glad you are enjoying it even as a new smoker, it is definitely not for the faint of heart or those that just want fun aromatics. I have never tried Black xx but that may just be my next purchase from the way you all are speaking about it.

9. jeffbee

jeffbee Member

Peterson Irish Flake in my Peterson 312 is a match made in heaven.

10. Mike Pomery

Mike Pomery Active Member

Irish Flake was one of my first too, as I came from cigars and had (still have) no interest in heavily flavoured smokes.

It's good stuff.

11. Dutchking22

Dutchking22 Member

He must impress me!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.