1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Headin' to the Peterson show at Fader's in Catonsville MD shortly

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Puff The Magic, Mar 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

May pick up a

2011 St Patricks or

Claudaugh or

some "military mount" style Pete

Wonder if they "gift" a free tin of Pete toby w/Pete pipe purchase.........only one way to find out! :)

Anyone else going?

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

2. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Good luck & have fun! We'll be waiting to see what you get.

3. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Puff, I hope you find better stuff than I did at the Peterson show I went to near here. I was thinking to buy, and I examined a bunch of pipes, and from the plastic-dipped finishes, the globbed in pre-carb, erroneous drilling etc I just couldn't find a pipe I thought was any good. I really think Pete have dropped their standards recently.

4. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

I envy you - aside from corncobs, Petersons are my favorite pipes.

5. Puff The Magic

Well I was disappointed.

No 2011 St P's day

No mil mts that stroked me

It was existing store stock. So I picked out a 2010 Christmas 68 and a Str Bull-doggie 2010 st P's. And a tin of 3P and more Sherlock! :)

Almost sprung for a meer. But didn't like the way the draft-hole looked on all 5.

I walked away happy and they thanked me for the support. Cool.

Ed. Puff!
    Cogito ergo puff

6. Puff The Magic

Ahhhhh, my mistake erruuh my aging eyes! The Bull-doggie (A-1) "IS" a 2011! Weeee Doggie! Ought to bring my reading glasses with me......... :whistle:

Oh, and I forgot about the Peterson Crystal (red) as well, it comes in a nice faux leather pouch that's stamped Peterson and zippered (just for the tamper).

No free toby but it was all at 20% off stickered price (msrp-ish). Anyway, of course I could've sat right here and ordered a nice Gold Spiggot from SmokingPipes (they had 2 this afternoon, $650 list, $225-250 ea). They went as fast as I could scroll down to the rest of the Pete pipes SP had. Great deal and somebody scored but all in all, I'm glad I went, and supported my main local b&m(s). I scored too and what I was aiming for.

Saw some Pete Freehands, six of 'em. They looked awesome and had an awesome price to 'em too (300+). I guess that's what ya pay for that nice hunk o'root and handcrafting/artisanisto blah blah blah! ;)

Looking forward to NASPC! :)

Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

7. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

shoulda come to my shop. i had the distributor send in 50+ pipes and only kept 20 of the GREAT ones.

sas- peterson hasn't really let their standards go, but the pipe shows are usually whatever the various shops sent back because they didn't want it, so by the time they organize a pipe show... well... its quite literally the rejects. some of their new higher end series look like hand-mades, and the engineering is pretty dern good according to the customers that bought them. they have, however, attempted to start in on the freehand market. they have a series called "plato" because noone knows how to spell plateaux apparently, and its a ketchup-and-mustard contrast stain, massive pipes, cheap vulcanite stem, and a shape that basically would take ten minutes on the lathe. you should look it up, it'd be good for a laugh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.