Headin' to the Peterson show at Fader's in Catonsville MD shortly

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Puff The Magic, Mar 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

May pick up a

2011 St Patricks or

Claudaugh or

some "military mount" style Pete

Wonder if they "gift" a free tin of Pete toby w/Pete pipe purchase.........only one way to find out! :)

Anyone else going?

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

2. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Good luck & have fun! We'll be waiting to see what you get.

3. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Puff, I hope you find better stuff than I did at the Peterson show I went to near here. I was thinking to buy, and I examined a bunch of pipes, and from the plastic-dipped finishes, the globbed in pre-carb, erroneous drilling etc I just couldn't find a pipe I thought was any good. I really think Pete have dropped their standards recently.

4. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

I envy you - aside from corncobs, Petersons are my favorite pipes.

5. Puff The Magic

Well I was disappointed.

No 2011 St P's day

No mil mts that stroked me

It was existing store stock. So I picked out a 2010 Christmas 68 and a Str Bull-doggie 2010 st P's. And a tin of 3P and more Sherlock! :)

Almost sprung for a meer. But didn't like the way the draft-hole looked on all 5.

I walked away happy and they thanked me for the support. Cool.

Ed. Puff!
    Cogito ergo puff

6. Puff The Magic

Ahhhhh, my mistake erruuh my aging eyes! The Bull-doggie (A-1) "IS" a 2011! Weeee Doggie! Ought to bring my reading glasses with me......... :whistle:

Oh, and I forgot about the Peterson Crystal (red) as well, it comes in a nice faux leather pouch that's stamped Peterson and zippered (just for the tamper).

No free toby but it was all at 20% off stickered price (msrp-ish). Anyway, of course I could've sat right here and ordered a nice Gold Spiggot from SmokingPipes (they had 2 this afternoon, $650 list, $225-250 ea). They went as fast as I could scroll down to the rest of the Pete pipes SP had. Great deal and somebody scored but all in all, I'm glad I went, and supported my main local b&m(s). I scored too and what I was aiming for.

Saw some Pete Freehands, six of 'em. They looked awesome and had an awesome price to 'em too (300+). I guess that's what ya pay for that nice hunk o'root and handcrafting/artisanisto blah blah blah! ;)

Looking forward to NASPC! :)

Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

7. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

shoulda come to my shop. i had the distributor send in 50+ pipes and only kept 20 of the GREAT ones.

sas- peterson hasn't really let their standards go, but the pipe shows are usually whatever the various shops sent back because they didn't want it, so by the time they organize a pipe show... well... its quite literally the rejects. some of their new higher end series look like hand-mades, and the engineering is pretty dern good according to the customers that bought them. they have, however, attempted to start in on the freehand market. they have a series called "plato" because noone knows how to spell plateaux apparently, and its a ketchup-and-mustard contrast stain, massive pipes, cheap vulcanite stem, and a shape that basically would take ten minutes on the lathe. you should look it up, it'd be good for a laugh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.