1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Hearth and Home Cont....

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by ol dub, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ol dub

ol dub Member

Ok it's been a couple of weeks now. I have not tried all six yet but I have put a hurting on the Larry's Blend and the Anni Kake. Love them both!!! also tried the daybreak and the AJ's Vapor. The LB and AK are my two favorite. Now comes the question. As most of you know I am new to this. But why when I read the reviews does it sound like LB should be stronger then 10 to Midnight. I don't find this to be the case at all. In fact I think 10 to mid is a hell of a lot stronger than LB. I found 10 to Mid to be tolerable with a glass of single malt or Jack. But smoking it by it self I found it mouth drying and strong. It sounded by the reviews that LB was an amped up version of 10. Maybe it's just me.

2. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

I've not tried their lat blends, but really like their Burleys and Anni Kake is one of my favorite smokes. Its killer good and ages well too. :bing:

JimInks likes this.
  3. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

You've been hanging around Ruff too much lately ;)
    Thanks to a couple of excellent PSFers I have some Larry's Blend and 10 to Midnight on deck to try. Looking forward to it.

4. pauljmjr

pauljmjr Member

I haven't tried 10 to Midnight but Larry's Blend is one of my favorites. I agree that it's not overly strong. To me, it's quite full, has lots of body and depth, but pretty mild in the strength department. Love it.

5. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Sales Account

I swapped some SHPC VR Blend, one might say a cousin of the AK, for an ounce of AK. I like both, but I particularly love the AK. The sweeter Virginias really do it for me.

6. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

I've tried one bowl each of Larry's Blend and Ten to Midnight in the last couple of days. I'm going to give them another few chances, but first impression was no sale. They both just seemed weak and a little artificial to me- like the Diet Rite of Latakia blends. Just kinda empty and flavorless. The Ten to Midnight showed a little potential; I'm going to try it in a bigger pipe and see what happens. The Larry's Blend, though... I'm kind of blown away by all the four star reviews on TR. I really couldn't taste anything but Latakia, yet I still wouldn't call it a lat-bomb because even the Lat-flavor was wimpy. It was smooth and smokeable enough, there was just no taste and no oomph, and next to no nicotine. I feel like the leaf has had the life processed out of it or something.
    Then again I only smoked a bowl of each, and maybe I just had a couple off days. We'll see.

7. Tony Malerich

BTW, I'm sure it's been mentioned elsewhere but P&C is running 20% off their H&H blends this month. I just ordered 5x8 oz of AK for the cellar myself...

8. Fbones24

Fbones24 Member

I was just about to buy some Anny Kake. I may need to move out of New York for a week and then come back. :mad:

9. colorduke

colorduke Active Member

I placed and order on Fri and recieved it Mon,got a tin of Carmel Apple Pie,Old Companion,Grandmas Kitchen,CH and a few bundles of pipe cleaner a tub of Anglers Dream a few czech tools and another cheap tobacco pouch.And last but not least a pouch of Mix 79,some say you have to try it at least once.

Tony Malerich likes this.
  10. Johnny

Johnny Member

I've tried the Anniversary Kake and like it quite a bit but haven't tried any of the other H&H blends. Going to have to figure out a way to get a nice sampler after the holiday

11. Tony Malerich

This may be a good way to go for you. I'm not sure if the December discount would apply to this or not, but if so that's... $26.50 for 6x 2 oz samples

http://www.pipesandcigars.com/heandhosa.html#.UMfQJ3y9KSM

12. Johnny

Johnny Member

Thanks Tony but I live in NY and get taxed 75% on tobacco shipped from them. I'm going to have to figure something else out after the first of the year

13. Tony Malerich

Oh drat, I usually think to check that before suggesting anything on P&T. Sorry about that!

14. Johnny

Johnny Member

No worries Tony;)

15. CaKy

CaKy Member

16. smokey422

smokey422 Member

I've smoked both Ten to Midnight and Larry's Blend. I prefer Larry's Blend by a small margin but keep both on hand. I think LB is a little heavier on the Latakia. I've also got a good supply of Anniversary Kake here, one of my favorite VA/Pers. I've smoked quite a few H&H blends and haven't found a bad one yet.
    Smokey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.