Hearth And Home

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Rider, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rider

Rider Member

has any one here tried any hearth and home from pipesandcigars.com ? i have some larry's blend that ddandb(being the good guy he is) sent me awhile back. it was my first latakia blend and i definitely like it so i was wondering how the others in their line were :)

2. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

Anny Kake and Burley Kake are outstanding!

3. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

That is one line I will spend some time exploring. I bought a half pound of Anni Kake and it is good stuff. There are several more blends in their lineup that sound great to me. Next time I order from P&C I will order one of their H&H samplers.

4. SBritton

SBritton Member

I will have to grab some. I will tell ya what I think.

5. Rider

Rider Member

i was shocked to see that 4noggins actually carries H&H and gives credit to pipesandcigars.com for it. nice to see that instead of rivalry :blink:

6. Strongirish

Strongirish Member

I have now tried them all and it's a good line of blends. I do however find that they ship very "green" as they were just blended when you get them. If you let them age in a mason jar for 3 month, they go from good the very good and some great!

7. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

I have my Anni Kake jarred up and put away. I got an email from them after I ordered that they were working on making more so my order would be delayed a couple days until they could get it finished. When I read that I knew it would need some time to meld. So I smoked a little and it was good, then i put it all in jars and stashed it away. I'll pull a jar out in June and see how it is.

So, give us some input on the other blends. Which ones did you find to be great?

8. Strongirish

Strongirish Member

I am a very active reviewer on tobaccoreviews.com under strongirish and I have reviews for most of them posted there. My favorites are Sunza Bitchez, Louisiana Red, Capital Stairs, and VA Fragrant. I like some of the Lat blends, but I really like their Vapers and VA blends the best. I said I had tried them all but I forgot that they just added two new blends and I have them ordered to try. I do like Ann Cake a lot too. You will notice a huge difference by June, trust me!

9. Neuromancer

Neuromancer Member

I just received some of the H&H Anniversary Kake and Marble Kake...I'll let ya know what I think as soon as I taste them... :blink:

10. Boomer-Z

Boomer-Z Member

Hello,

When I first started smoking a pipe it was tobacco from Hearth and Home I smoked first. I liked the sampler they offered and to this day Larry's Blend, Anni Kake, Burley Kake, and Sunjammer are some of my favs. Everyone I have tried was quality well blended/made tobaccos. It was taste and personal preference that decided what was good. Old Tartan is interesting and gets better the longer I have it. I don't think you can go wrong with the Hearth and Home line. The quality,variety, and the price make it hard to pass up.

Z

11. Broham

Broham Member

Anni Kake, Classic Burley Kake, Marble Kake, Ten to Midnight, Butternut Burley, Larry's Blend.....all favorites of mine.

12. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

I just picked up 4oz of the marble kake, it just got here and it smells wonderful!

13. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

Favorites so far are Larry's Blend, Louisiana Red, Annikake, Daybreak and Virginia Spice.

House of Lords, Armada and Rolando's Own are good ones too. All worth trying in my opinion.

14. Rider

Rider Member

well anniversary cake definitely seems to be a winner with everybody :bing:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.