Hell must have frozen over.

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Glenn, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

Cause a stack of SG St James Flake tins arrived at my house. I have had numerous close calls of getting some but always have gotten the dreaded phone call or email telling me my order couldn't be filled.

One of the last of the hard to get current production tobaccos I have not gotten to try.

I was hoping it would be a letdown in some ways so that I wouldn't have to keep looking for more. It really is pretty good though. At least from my first impressions. Definitely worth picking up more.

I know it isn't anything great but after three years of just missing the boat it was nice to get some in.

Now if I could just get some Hamster Beermaster. Hahahaha!

2. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Where in the hell have you been? Don't tell me you've been hunting all this time.......

Puff The Magic likes this.
  3. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Congrats!

4. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

Well it has been an odd Winter ;) it must have frozen over - cause it's warm up here...

Congrats on the pile of tins

Archer likes this.
  5. Capt

Capt Active Member

I have never tried it. However, there is a place on the net that does have a consistent stock of all SG blends, you just have to find it.

Mark w4mms and UberHuberMan like this.
  6. Mike Pomery

Mike Pomery Active Member

Good times. I like SG's stuff well enough, but not enough to go crazy over them.

7. UberHuberMan

UberHuberMan Member

I figure that when the Apocalypse comes, FVF will be a great bartering tool. :D

Mark w4mms and IrishRover like this.
  8. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

I have some you can try! SG St. James...right?

9. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

Lots and lots of hunting. We were deer hunting pretty well every weekend since the first of October with a few duck and dove hunts mixed in. Duck season closed last weekend. Now I am down to snowgeese, hogs and coyotes. It'll slow down a bit as the geese leave and then it'll be fishing time followed by turkey season and more fishing. I can always find some reason to not get honeydew's done.

I have been pretty busy lately but I still cruise by once a day or so to see what's new.

10. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

Well I haven't found it yet. I have found a few less known retailers who usually have some SG blends but none that have SJF more than a couple days after putting it on their websites. Guess i'll have to keep looking.

11. willie g

willie g Member

my current search is for the "hamborger veermaster" tobac from dans. would like a pound, cause to me, it be very good.

12. user1975

user1975 Active Member

Never tried that one. Congrats on scoring it though.

13. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Yep, it's called PSF. :xd:
    Good to see you posting
    again, Glenn!

14. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

Lucky Dog.

15. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

Congrats! I love the stuff.

Paul

16. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

Extremely lucky. My kids have gotten old enough to hunt and I don't think I made a single hunt this year without one or both with me. My kids ended up killing 6 deer. My 7 year old son shot a nice 8 point, a spike and two does. My 11 year old daughter killed a nice 8 point and a doe. She also killed a boar hog that was 300+# and he killed a boar hog that was around 200#. I shot a pile of pigs, maybe 20 or 25. We had some really good duck hunts in there too and my son killed a few redheads when we hunted the bay. Add in a few good teal hunts, a few good dove hunts and some assorted rabbits, squirrels and a doz or so coyotes. It was a great season.

We were suppose to go do some coyote calling and maybe shoot some quail this weekend but the weather is rainy so we stayed home. Otherwise we'd be out there after them again. I am going to get some midges and nymphs tied instead. The next few weekends I am going to try to get some trout fishing in.

ol gto and RTOdhner like this.
  17. Capt

Capt Active Member

Another member who hunts almost as much as I do! See, I'm not the only crazy one!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.