1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Hello again!

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by F1guy, Dec 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. F1guy

F1guy Member

Oct 4, 2012
    Hey guys, sorry I haven't been on in the last few weeks, I've had a LOT going on (Finals being one of them haha) so no I didn't abandon everyone haha. I hope to be around more.

How's everyone been doing?

I was wondering, I recently smoked a rather large cigar, and I got pretty nauseated afterwards. Is this normal for tobacco in general?
  2. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

May 19, 2010
    Glad to see ya made it through finals, it's always a rough time.
    As far as the cigar goes, is it normal? well maybe.. it depends on the cigar I bet.
    The same thing happened to me. That's why I stopped smoking them 20 yrs ago. However; I've tried a couple since then and I didn't have that feeling.
    I would like to start smoking them on a more regular basis. I just have to figure them out
  3. 1858remington

1858remington Active Member

Feb 3, 2012
    nauseated... sounds like Nicotine overload.
    Yep it can happen, and did for me my first time smoking a big cigar.
    I'd only been smoking a couple weeks, and attempted to tackle an Acid Kuba Kuba.
    I was at the local smoke shop, sitting on the couch, having a good smoke and conversation, everything was fine.:bing:
    Then I got up to go home:eek:
    Body temp started to rise, sweat started pouring, and nausea started showing its ugly face.
    I staggered out to the car, thinking "I'll be ok, I got this".:thu2:
    Managed to drive home and pull into the driveway, but could go no further.:beyes:
    It was winter, and snowing, and there I was sitting in the car with all the windows down and the seat reclined.
    After a couple hours I was able to get myself together enough to crawl into the house.:shead:

Lesson learned:th1:

Or Not!:eek:
    Second time I had it happen I tried to smoke a whole Backwoods cigar like a cigarette.
    I inhaled the whole time I smoked it.:shead:
    Bad part was that I was at work and had to deal with patrons while the nicotine beat me up.:(
    Lesson really learned:th1:

When I started back smoking a pipe, I didn't understand how the nicotine transfer worked.
    I had smoked a bowl full of bacci, and followed it up with a cigarette or two.:eek:
    Once again, while at work:shead:

Third time was the charm, I really did learn after that.:thu2:
  4. buistd

buistd Active Member

Aug 29, 2011
    Nicotine overload it is. New years eve last year I smoked two fairly large cigars back to back. Thought I was fine but it hit me during the drive home. It's happened a couple of times when I was experimenting with twist tobaccos. I can normally feel it coming on now, so I know when to stop!
  5. MakDragon

MakDragon Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Nic overdose! Some cigars like an Ashton are mild and I never get a buzz. Then there are those LaFlor Dominicana or Oliva Series V.
    Knock my socks off!
    Sometimes I need that though, like after a big meal.
  6. Preacher1611

Preacher1611 Active Member

Dec 21, 2011
    Yea definately nic OD, welcome back!
  7. SmokeyJoe

SmokeyJoe Active Member

Feb 20, 2011
    We used to call that the "Cohiba Jeebas", when someone would smoke their first cuban. The last stage, which you were fortunate to avoid, is the presentation of the "Cuban Salad"...,

Stay away from the bolder nicaraguan blends until you have your nicotine legs under you. You can't go wrong with milder, quality dominican blends like AVO, Ashton, and Macanudo. I always recommend the Mac Hyde Park for a superb low-nic smoke. Of course, none of these brands are cheap, which is why I've moved on to pipes.
    1858remington likes this.
  8. N3M0

N3M0 Active Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Welcome back F1, I'll echo the above with, yup, it was definitely a nic overload that did that too ya ;)
  9. Raffxr7

Raffxr7 Active Member

Jul 4, 2012
    Welcome back, I was wondering where you went (really, I checked to see if you had logged in recently) Try smoking that cigar slower... it helped me when I started with em. I reccomend a cheaper cigar that I like, called ¨marsh wheeling old time stogies¨ they are only the size of a pencil, so there is less nicotine to deal with while still getting a great flavor (snork that sucker, you wont regret it!)
  10. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2009
    Welcome back, light-weight! LOL LOL
    Been there, done that, didn't learn a damned thing! :puke:
  11. F1guy

F1guy Member

Oct 4, 2012
    Welcome back to me a second time!

Anyway, the cigar I bought was a crappy $2 one at BevMo (all I could afford at the time) and it didn't get good until after it was 3/4 gone. Lesson learned though. I coupled it with some Johnnie Walker Gold Label scotch, and it was divine.
    Alan Dye likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.