1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

help! H&H is haunting my falcon

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by hansel, Sep 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hansel

hansel Member

so i bought some H&H on a whim to see what was up... big mistake. i smoked it out of my falcon and ill be damned that it ghosted the metal stem (the bowl to of coarse) what i can i do to exercise the demon. now ive cleaned the stem with alcohol many times, even smoked some Gawith and hoggarth black irish X rope and it still taste of anise. any tips to save this thing would be awesome

2. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

I am surprised, been smoking Falcons on and off for fifty years and never had issues like that!....but never had H&H...it must be powerful stuff! :eek:
    OT
    btw to exercise the demon you could both run around the block a few times!.

nesta, Bump, snowman and 1 other person like this.
  3. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

How much of it did you smoke? I have a pipe that has a H&H ghost...but my great grandfather smoked nothing else out of it for 6 months...

4. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Wow , I cant imagine that the G&H wouldnt take care of the H&H ... even after it was cleaned :startl: Dont know what to sat except maybe send the falcon to an Half and Half lover

5. Bradabelko4

Bradabelko4 Member

What he said...

I'll trade you a tub of H&H for the falcon:P

Never got an anise taste from H&H

6. hansel

hansel Member

man i smoked half a bowl and at first i didnt mind it, then i really focused on the taste, and just thinking about it makes me wanna puke. the smell from the pouch turns my stomach. that poor bowl, dont know what to do about that. maybe just a ream and liqueur soak, and a few weeks on the shelf.

i almost bought M79 just to try it and see what the fuss is about. im so glad i didnt .

dwaugh likes this.
  7. ruffinogold

Youre talkin Half and Half .. or Hearth and Home ?

8. hansel

hansel Member

half and half

9. ruffinogold

Wow , I'm suprised . Our taste buds are on different wavelengths , guess . Thats what makes the world go around :)

Coda likes this.
  10. hansel

hansel Member

yeah thats one thing ive noticed is how completely different every one tastes and smells things. i did a trade with someone, i sent him DH 965 and he sent me Byzantium, and he swears that the two taste exactly the same, i could see some similaritys but to say they are the exact same is a stretch. at least to my taste buds.

Buckshot likes this.
  11. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Hmm, never heard it ghosting
    like that. Smoke three bowls
    of CH and call me in the morning.

Artistik and Coda like this.
  12. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

I've never smoked this tobacco that can't seem to commit to one way or another (Half & Half). Perhaps this is the problem.

13. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

And furthermore, two halves of anything equal a whole. This tobacco obviously relies on excuses for not being able to complete itself in composition. I can't accept that in an employee or a tobacco.

hansel likes this.
  14. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

My attempt at humor. I always said if I were going to get fired, it would be in the morning...:bag:

hansel, Coda and Albert like this.
  15. hansel

hansel Member

i almost bought some ch this afternoon after work but it said mildly aromatic and i dont like aro's, but i think ill give it a shot tomorrow

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.