1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Help Identify Two Estate Pipes.

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Showsto, Jul 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Showsto

Showsto Member

I just recently bought two estate pipes at an antique stop and need some help identifying/getting some information on them. I only spent $20 on the both of them they are probably not worth a lot but I figured I would ask.

The first pipe is a Sport Club Imported briar Patent n.32441.

This is the only website I could find about it. http://www.cnroadshow.com/tag/vintage-pipe-marked-sport-club-imported-briar-patent-n-32441-vented-type-top.

Here is a picture of it. It has an interesting top/vented cover that I have never seen before.
    [​IMG][​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    The second pipe I can barely make out the stamp on but it looks like the last few letters might say "ieni" in cursive and that its from England. After asking a couple friends and doing some internet digging I think it might be a Sasieni pipe but I really have no idea.
    http://pipedia.org/wiki/Sasieni

Here is a picture of that one. If you need more pictures of either let me know.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Zembla

Zembla Member

Monkey and Showsto like this.
  3. Lukasaurus

Lukasaurus Active Member

Love the wind cap on the first pipe, and the size of the bowl on the second! As for an ID, alas, I'm drawing blanks...

4. lifeon2

lifeon2 Member

The first one looks a lot like a kaywoodie gale

ruffinogold likes this.
  5. Showsto

Showsto Member

Thanks for that website. Looks like the second one is a Sasieni most likely with a replaced stem. As for the first one I'm stumped. I looked up the Kaywoodie Gale they are very similar. Possible a knockoff...

6. County Mountie

County Mountie Active Member

Whitehall stem?

ruffinogold likes this.
  7. xrundog

xrundog Active Member

I'm pretty sure that is a Whitehall W on the first pipe. Wind cap is identical to a Gale. But I imagine those were readily available to pipe manufacturers. It makes sense that a Sportsman would be intended as an outdoor pipe and come with a cap. Second must be a Sasieni. Should be some dots on the stem. If not the stem is probably a replacment. She's been smoked hard.

8. Showsto

Showsto Member

Awesome! Thanks for all the help. Yeah I think the second one has a replaced stem since I did not find any dots on the stem. I looked up several Whitehall pipes and a few of them had very similar bowl styles with the two cut inlays.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.