1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Help! I'm being used as an air freshener!

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by OrganizdMadman, Aug 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OrganizdMadman

OrganizdMadman Member

So this week my dear fiancé informed me the new car smell had faded from her vehicle. She said car scents never smelled right, and she loves the way the inside of my jeep smells, so would I please "smoke a few bowls of that chocolate tobacco (Altadis Chocolate Mousse) I bought you for your birthday in my car."
    Ladies and gentlemen... I am being used as an air freshener!

Pschoppy48, woody, Rodfather and 3 others like this.
  2. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

The question that comes to mind... Do you have to hang off the rear view mirror while you're smoking your pipe?

phinz, Arkie, Rodfather and 5 others like this.
  3. andrew

andrew Member

As long as you are not stuffed in the jockeybox or ashtray I'd say rock on.

phinz and OrganizdMadman like this.
  4. OrganizdMadman

OrganizdMadman Member

Haha! It's really nice to have her WANT me to smoke in her car for a change. I wasn't even allowed to have a a can of soda in the car when it was new.

5. Coastal Bend

Coastal Bend Get off my lawn...

:laff: You're indeed a lucky man. My other half has taken to entering the room waving her hand in front of her face and complaining she "can't breath." (She's a serious cigarette smoker, by the way.) Once, I sat there in my recliner with an empty pipe -- just to see. I got the same reaction. So it goes...

Rodfather, snowman and Tony Malerich like this.
  6. Baccy Bert

Baccy Bert Member

Drop a few Lat bombs and see if she changes her mind heh ;)

7. Old Codger

Got a scrap pipe around that you don't care about? Load it up with tobacco from one of her cigarettes and if it still smells bad to her.....

Coastal Bend likes this.
  8. Coastal Bend

If she complains about an empty pipe, and often says nothing if I can set a smoking pipe down before she enters the room, I'm not sure there is much need for the Cigarette Test, but it's a good idea.

9. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

Well Coastal....not sure what to say to all of that. Time for a trade-in?
    Hey...just spit-balling here................................:byg:

As to the OP, My MIL is an anti, but often requests that I light up some Evening Stroll in her home. First time she did, it stunned me! Of course, Lats are verboten......:whis: Who'd a thought.....

jdto, Old Codger and Coastal Bend like this.
  10. Old Codger

Was thinking that perhaps it's a way of determining if it's actually the smell, or something else that's bothering her.

Coastal Bend likes this.
  11. Coastal Bend

Hey, my situation aside, I'm just happy for OrganizedMadman. Sounds like he has a good thing going. :thu:

(As for me, I've got my office in the house during the day, which converts to man-cave at night -- if necessary.)

Old Codger likes this.
  12. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

Sounds more sychologi...psykol...mental than anything else. I've run into it often with Antis....cough, cough...wave, wave...when the damned pipe is plumb empty. I even had it happen with a new, unsmoked pipe once, in a parking lot in Springfield. Walked up to the old cow, shoved the empty pipe in her face and asked her how many too many Big Macs she'd had lately.

Coastal Bend likes this.
  13. phinz

phinz Active Member

I've had my wife tell me to stop smoking my pipe in the house once. It went like this:

Her: What the hell are you smoking?

Me: Devil's Holiday.

Her: That smells horrible It smells like Robitussin or something. Don't smoke that in the house anymore. Can you empty that out and instead smoke some of that stuff that smells like a campfire (she meant latakia)? I like the way that smells, but the crap you're smoking right now is awful.

I love my wife. And I still have a Mason jar full of Devil's Holiday, minus one bowl, sitting on the shelf. :bing:

Old Codger likes this.
  14. Coastal Bend

Sounds like you're ripe for a trade -- the tobacco, I mean. :)

(I don't usually smoke aromatics, but I got a blend at the local B&M called "Her Favorite." It wasn't.:confused: )

Old Codger likes this.
  15. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Man....I am not a huge latakia fan, but I do like it fairly well. If I were in your situation, I'd probably smoke almost nothing but lat blends, though. You're in a good spot!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.