1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

HELP!!! Pipe Identification

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by coastie720, Oct 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coastie720

coastie720 Member

I've been trying to identify this pipe for a long time. I'm wondering if anyone can help me? Ive contacted Tinderbox to no avail. Any help would be appreciated....

[​IMG]

Thank you,
    Chris

2. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Do you have the pipe? Any markings? Or are you just trying to track down something like it?

3. coastie720

coastie720 Member

I do not have the pipe. Its in the advertisement for Tinderbox's 1928 Reserve. I contacted them to see if they knew, but they did not :dunno:

4. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

Welcome to PSF Chris! That's a fine looking pipe there, the stem color nicely offsets the rusticated bowl. If you'd like to have one exactly like that pipe, there's several forum members that can do one just for you! all you gotta do is ask :bing:

5. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

I'm startled that no one at Tinderbox knows what kind of pipe is put in their advert. Seeing how tight they are with Ascorti, that would be my first guess, but the stem doesn't look right....

6. Longrifle3006

Longrifle3006 Member

I agree, the stem isn't quite right. Most likely this is something that the photographer acquired specifically for the advert, could be from ebay or similar sources. The stem looks like a "custom" job....

7. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

That got to be the best looking Estella I've ever seen........ :P

8. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

It's clearly Italian in nature, from general geometry to the acrylic stem. I would look at it as very possibly being a Savinelli product. I don't think I've seen an Ascorti rusticated just like that. Funny to me to see an obviously very modern pipe beside a tobacco that is some kind of throwback.

9. caleb442

caleb442 Member

I agree that it looks Italian. Looks like a caminetto to me.

10. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

if you're looking for a similar pipe it looks pretty similar to some of the nicer castello sea-rocks.

11. coastie720

coastie720 Member

Thanks guys for all the help. I'm leaning towards a Savinelli Estella pipe so far. The search will go on!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.