1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Hey, So 335 Is A Pretty Good Deal, Right?

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Sasquatch, Mar 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marc

Marc Active Member

[​IMG]

2. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

Forget the Radice, gi'me that Woodie it's nice!

3. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

\

:)

4. Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe Active Member

You're not fooling anybody. Do Canadians get tax returns? That was my excuse for dropping $XXX on that Ser Jacopo. I'm embarrassed at how much I paid, actually.

If I've learned anything about myself from dabbling (ok, jumping in head first) into hobbies, it's that I am the worlds best justifier. I can justify spending money on anything.

For the SJ, it went something like this:

"You just got a tax return. You deserve this pipe. Sure, you just spent $200 bucks on a razor (yes I know, keep it to yourself), but you have two hobbies. You can't let one hobby get a bigger investment than the other. Oh, and don't worry about what the old lady says. You just bought her a laptop and you're taking her to Costa Rica to give her an enormous engagement ring. Plus, she doesn't even have to know. You'll leave work early to intercept the package from the UPS guy. That's what tracking numbers are for, right? Go ahead, click the 'Purchase' button, idiot."

5. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

[​IMG] that was awesome!

6. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Well, since I'm among friends, I will admit the truth - I bought them because I feel that it is my duty to make international purchases in order to stimulate the economy and help the orphans in Haiti and the Lepers in Maccassar (or wherever they are).

7. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Ain't justification grand? I did the same(on a smaller scale) with my latest Hackert cob. I said to myself, "Self, you deserve, yet again, another pipe purchase...today...wifey will understand...you just bought her a can of Lemon Pledge and a Snickers bar in the last month, so what bitch can she have? Now hit the buy now button, and feel good about the decision." And you know what? I felt damned good about it too.

Which reminds me, I should start drinking more, cuz good things pop up in the mail when I do. YMMV.

8. Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe Active Member

Ok, I'm the #2 best justifier in the world. Lemon pledge and a snickers? ****! Costa Rica and an engagement ring was WAYYY too much money to be spent on this woman!

9. Marc

Marc Active Member

Watch out for the "Enablers", it'll get you ever time. :P

10. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Don't use me as a yardstick...honestly...I spent less than 200 dollars on my wedding...thanks to eloping. Wifey insists the 20 year mark will involve a serious outlay of duckets to compensate for my lack of vision on our first 'marriage attempt'. I guess she is still smarting from my lazy way out. You'd think 15 years would help her forget, but...

BTW, she wants to re-do our marriage vows in Ireland, and all I can think of is...Woo-Hoo!...touring the breweries and distilleries...she'll understand, I'm sure...right?

I am screwed. Enjoy Costa Rica...

-Kyle

11. Rider

Rider Member

:D

12. Paul99

Paul99 Member

hope thows pipes serve you well. :thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.