1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

HH Vintage Syrian

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Glenn, Jun 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

I got a tin of HH Vintage Syrian as a birthday gift along with a few other tins. I have to say I like this stuff alot. A little sweet, a little smokey, very nice.

Who else likes it?

2. bvillepipeguy

bvillepipeguy Member

good stuff, i get it bulk at the local cigar store, the taste and room note is wonderful, definitely going to have some on hand at all times.

3. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Glenn, what can you compare it to? I have always wanted to like Mac B, but haven't been able to yet.

4. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

It's not exactly like anything else, as far as I know. The Syrian is silky smooth, without the sort of BBQ tang that cyprian lat can offer. Another big part of the blend is Dark Kentucky, which offers a really full flavor, sort of a backbone that the sweeter virginias can dance around.

It's not a flavor knockout, it's subtle, but as a contemplative smoke it's very good, and the blending is nothing short of genius.

5. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

Great, now I want some and I don't have any :thumb:

6. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

I agree with Squatch. It is not a 'bowl you over' latakia blend but there is plenty present. Very smooth, has some of the same flavors I love in say Penzance or Krumble Kake which some folks describe as "Band-Aid like", it is there but not as strong as in Penzance/Krumble Kake. I don't know what it is but I like it. The Virginias are a little sweet, the latakia is smooth and a little smokey. Just a real nice blend.

It is a mid level blend as far as latakia goes. If you like latakia blends I think it is worth trying. I have to say, I like alot of Mac B blends but I didn't really have high expectations for this one. I guess I thought maybe English blends wouldn't be something they would do really well. I was wrong, this one is nice. I'll order a pound of it on my next order.

7. grga

grga Member

Nice blend but I won't buy again, I like Cyprian latakia more.

8. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Glenn, I'm with you on this toby. I like it and do prefer syrian over cyprian but a blend that has both is superb! I too have knocked a pound into the cellar and have some out in smaller jars to smoke as wished/needed.

of the 3 MacB "Vintage" series, I like it best (syrian, then va, then perique).

Tastes do change over time, even moreso than the toby so a blend or toby you hate or steer clear of now may be a toby you are head over heels for next year.

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    Cogito ergo puff

9. Grim_Puffer

Grim_Puffer Member

Definately good stuff, its found its way into my rotation every day... smooth and smokey..... may smoke some now

10. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

I was lucky enough to have tried it once. I had a couple bowls ... great stuff. I think it was my first English

11. Gondar

Gondar Member

I have just purchased one tin and tried one bowl. I found it rich and easily accessible in flavour. Stays lit which means I as a beginner can keep it cool and just keep enjoying it all the way til it turns into ash without consoiusly bother with smoking technique.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.