1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Hialeah

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by thatpipedude, Nov 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thatpipedude

thatpipedude Member

I don't know much about these, I assume they are cheapy, mass produced items but this is one of my best smokes! It's kinda ugly has some weird looking plasticy fills but it smokes cool and dry and I love it, the bit is absolutely the most comfy of all my pipes. Looking around on the net hasn't really revealed anything. Anyone here know much about them it says Hialeah Algerian Briar on it, its what I'm smoking in my avatar pic.

[​IMG]

2. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

I thought it is a game they play in Fla. :P

3. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

This brand's new to me, pipedude, but thanks for giving us the benefit of your experience with them. I'm sure it'll come in handy the next time I'm looking on ebay.

4. ted

ted Member

Sold by Whitehall Products Co. (a division of Helme Products) prior to 1975. Whitehall was in Wheeling WV and Helme somewhere in NJ.

Made in Varese, Italy and given some "think time" I'll remember the maker. Whitehall was a competitor of Grabow/ KYM/ Mastercraft and sold mostly inexpensive imported stuff. Their "top of the line" was a sterling silver filigree pipe.

For what its worth.... ted

5. thatpipedude

thatpipedude Member

Much thanks Ted, kinda what I thought. This is a pipe I got from an auction with a couple others. If you find one on eBay nab it Brian I can't imagine it would cost much and it is a fine smoker.

6. ted

ted Member

No Jesla, the one you are thinking of is..."When old folks try to kill you with their car"....Aint Florida wonderful..... ted

7. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

:roflmao:

Happens up here too. :0laugh:

8. SSGpiper

SSGpiper Member

Well, at least you aren't asking about some kind of plastic pipe...glad to see you smoking from wood again. hehehe :whistle:

It is gonna take soooo long for the plastic comments to quit surfacing :roflmao:

9. jeffbee

jeffbee Member

That looks almost exactly like my Dr. Grabo Riviera. The carving is slightly different, but not much. It is a great smoker.

10. erickghint

erickghint Member

News to me...

11. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

Hialeah ain't the game amigo, it's the track in Fl. where they *play* the game...The one Ted mentioned... :whistle:

12. erickghint

erickghint Member

No no no... that's Avon Park. There's another in Winterhaven and two in Boca Raton.

13. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

... SARASOTA man . There could be no traffic at all and you still have to weave and bob to get through the blue hairs. After 2 mins you feel like your on an oz of cocaine cause everybody just isnt moving .

14. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

I lived in Sarasota and Bradenton Ruff..plumb scary around there. :startle:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.