1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

History repeats itself!

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by afiaowo, Mar 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. afiaowo

afiaowo Member

I came home after a long day eager to have a bowl. I looked on the counter next to the phone and I found the empty case for my meer. I looked in the cabinet for my pipes and asked my wife. No results. I started looking for my pipes and finally asked my daughter if she knew where they were.

She gets this elated look on her face, grabs my hand and takes me into her bathroom.

There in the sink were my pipes soaking in soapy water.

Ironically, this same thing happened to my father at the hand of my sister.

She was so proud for helping papa clean his pipes.

All I want to do is :puke:

2. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about that, at least they weren't in the running dishwasher or washing machine

Brit abroad and afiaowo like this.
  3. Raffxr7

Raffxr7 Active Member

Afi, I told you I would gladly repair what I sent you if you ever needed it. I hope your meer was block, which should dry out OK... but slowly dry it! Leave the stems in the stummels, they can dry at uneven rates otherwise and get a sloppy or tight fit. This time around, I´ll have the buffing wheels out (I found them the week after sending your package out) so it should be a better result... hope I can help with this somehow.

4. Jeff10236

Jeff10236 Member

Ouch! Your briars too?

How old is your daughter? I assume she is young enough for it to be a bit adorable- I can see this as being both cute as well as terrible. Good luck with the recovery.

5. 5H4N3

5H4N3 Active Member

Sorry that happened.
    In the grand scheme of things though, pipes are just things. Possessions are easily replaced.
    Love that little girl like there is no tomorrow, because one day there wont be.

:toast:

6. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Sales Account

Ack! Oh no! Block meet I hope? Here's hoping it will dry out a-ok for you!

7. ShawnP

ShawnP Member

Wow, hope they all dry out ok and good luck.

That is however very cute she thought she was helping daddy.

Shawn

Brit abroad, PipeSimmo and afiaowo like this.
  8. Russell Hartman

Russell Hartman Stay Silver

OH MY!! Sorry to hear that happened to you. Its times like this that although one could get angry--she was trying to please dad. Its hard to be angry when kids do things like this. I think I would try just laying them out perhaps on a towel, and let time, and patience do the rest---et them dry out slow. If your budget allows I guess its a good excuse to perhaps pick up another new pipe to smoke until your others dry out, and you can better examine the damage. Also maybe a different storage method that prevents those little hands from gaining access to the pipes, and bathing them again.
    It would be hard to get angry when the child simply wanted to please her dad.

Brit abroad, Jeff10236 and afiaowo like this.
  9. Hawkwood

Hawkwood Member

Let them dry out naturally/slowly then clean and wax them. While this is happening buy yourself another pipe.....you deserve it! Oh, and a couple of new blends too.......:byg:

10. afiaowo

afiaowo Member

There was no way I could get mad at my little lady. She was standing beside the sink holding my hand with this face that was so happy to help her papa.

Thankfully my cob was out in the garage! ;)

11. Raffxr7

Raffxr7 Active Member

I knew you wouldn´t get mad at the kiddo, so I guess its back to damage control. :P

How are the pipes drying out? A ziplock bag with sawdust may help slow the process down, too. Kitty litter in SMALL amounts may help as well, but I would try rice before that. The bone-dry-clay in cat litter is a little too absorbent and may give a funky smell to the pipes... and remember they will need sunlight to prevent or kill any mold spores that are attempting to colonize there!

Brit abroad, afiaowo and Rodfather like this.
  12. Russell Hartman

Russell Hartman Stay Silver

Yeah---I hear yah. There is no way I could have brought myself to break her heart by scolding her. She mean't well, and in her mind she was happy that in her heart she wanted to please you. Its little moments in your life like this you will actually cherish, and hold onto. In my house my daughters are all grown up. My youngest is back with me, and my oldest I don't get to see too often(I only have 2 kids). I still miss hearing my oldest sing in her saprano voice while she was showering as a girl. With all of the hell, pain children can put parents through--I would NEVER trade it for anything. They grow up fast, and all of the loud toys, fussing is quickly replaced with a silence in the home when they move out that is far more deafening.
    Afiaowo---enjoy those moments as they are like the birds of the sky--they quickly move on out of sight.

13. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Too bad - but how cute... [​IMG]

14. Labman

Labman Member

Hah hah hah...dang, that's a tough one, but I couldn't help but laugh. I'm sure they'll be just fine when they dry out a little! :)

afiaowo likes this.
  15. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

Yeah, things are just things, but your daughter is irreplaceable. I'm sure they'll be ok. Pipes are tough sunzagunz!

16. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Just don't let her do it with the lottery ticket, you'll realise you've got the winning numbers just as you try and salvage it's soggy remains out of the remains.

Brit abroad likes this.
  17. SmokeyJoe

SmokeyJoe Active Member

No matter how the pipes turn out, you'll always have a great story to tell, and maybe a new pipe to tell it with...

18. Rodfather

Rodfather Active Member

Hey, I bet they are clean. No more stinky old pipes. Precious memories.

Brit abroad likes this.
  19. Brit abroad

Brit abroad Active Member

Bet you keep checking to see if they are drying:D, kids don't ya just love em, thats sad and funny at the same time, good luck, and if they don't do good with drying imagine all the fun you and your daughter can have blowing soap bubbles out of them.

20. jediknight129

jediknight129 Member

kids, gotta love em otherwise you would kill em. I have acquired two teenage kids and it is stressful but they are wonderful in their own special way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.