Holiday tins are already here...

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by telltime, Jul 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. telltime

telltime Active Member

Just as Christmas in July ends, I was surprised to see that Christmas Cheer and Holiday Spirit are already here... it was in today's smokingpipes.com newsletter.

Haven't ordered mine (yet), but I thought I'd let everyone know...

http://www.smokingpipes.com/tobacco/by-maker/mcclelland/index.cfm

2. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Yeah I saw that! I'm excited because I've been wanting to try the Holiday Spirit for some time now. Also, the prices for both definitely beat the price at my B&Ms by a long shot - 22 bucks and some change for Christmas Spirit? It's good, but dang, it's only the 2010 vintage. I'd much rather pay under 16! I want to get a couple tins - when I can afford to do so :)

3. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Isn't CC supposed to be a single crop, single field, and all one va leaf? They've been that way up until 2010. This one states it's a blend. Hmmmmmmmm, may have to research this a bit further prior to Puff jumpin' on this one ;)

Ed
    Puff

4. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Single crop, yes. Single field and leaf.....I believe they only sometimes do it that way. In no way am I an expert on this, but that was my understanding, anyway. :msty:

5. jeff394

jeff394 Member

Yep, single crop, single leaf. I have the 2010 tin, and it's rather tasty.

6. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

What is everyone's thoughts about the Christmas cheer? I was thinking of getting some of the older tins. Is itworth buying the older tins?

7. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

I know i want the 2011 Christmas Cheer, prolly need to get a few, 1 to smoke right away and a few to cellar for a few years.

8. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Some vintages are sweeter, smoother, creamier, but basically it isn't gettin' the CC label unless it's a good solid smokable now. But will age gracefully well va.

I like '95 but so do a bunch of folks. It's all limited to ~1000 cans. Get it and get enough to enjoy now and some for later. Sort of like that old penny taffy "Now & Later".......

Ed
    Puff

9. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Yes. '96, '98, and '08 are favorites of mine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.