1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Holiday tins are already here...

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by telltime, Jul 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. telltime

telltime Active Member

Just as Christmas in July ends, I was surprised to see that Christmas Cheer and Holiday Spirit are already here... it was in today's smokingpipes.com newsletter.

Haven't ordered mine (yet), but I thought I'd let everyone know...

http://www.smokingpipes.com/tobacco/by-maker/mcclelland/index.cfm

2. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Yeah I saw that! I'm excited because I've been wanting to try the Holiday Spirit for some time now. Also, the prices for both definitely beat the price at my B&Ms by a long shot - 22 bucks and some change for Christmas Spirit? It's good, but dang, it's only the 2010 vintage. I'd much rather pay under 16! I want to get a couple tins - when I can afford to do so :)

3. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Isn't CC supposed to be a single crop, single field, and all one va leaf? They've been that way up until 2010. This one states it's a blend. Hmmmmmmmm, may have to research this a bit further prior to Puff jumpin' on this one ;)

Ed
    Puff

4. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Single crop, yes. Single field and leaf.....I believe they only sometimes do it that way. In no way am I an expert on this, but that was my understanding, anyway. :msty:

5. jeff394

jeff394 Member

Yep, single crop, single leaf. I have the 2010 tin, and it's rather tasty.

6. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

What is everyone's thoughts about the Christmas cheer? I was thinking of getting some of the older tins. Is itworth buying the older tins?

7. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

I know i want the 2011 Christmas Cheer, prolly need to get a few, 1 to smoke right away and a few to cellar for a few years.

8. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Some vintages are sweeter, smoother, creamier, but basically it isn't gettin' the CC label unless it's a good solid smokable now. But will age gracefully well va.

I like '95 but so do a bunch of folks. It's all limited to ~1000 cans. Get it and get enough to enjoy now and some for later. Sort of like that old penny taffy "Now & Later".......

Ed
    Puff

9. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Yes. '96, '98, and '08 are favorites of mine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.