1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Hookahs and pipe tobacco????

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by JoeSmall, May 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeSmall

JoeSmall Member

Granted I come from a background where I do own and on rare occations use a hookah, but I've never known anyone who used them for pipe tobacco. Can you actually smoke "regular" tobacco from them, and how harsh would it be that you would need the water to filter it. I'm really not trying to be a smart @$$ I'm just really curious.

What is everyone's hookah experience?

2. User3940

User3940 Active Member

I couldn't tell ya. The last time I tried to clinch a hookah when I was working in the garage I drug the damn thing off the bench and broke it. And that happened before I got one good tamp and relight. :ohyh:

MikeInMaine and JoeSmall like this.
  3. ruffinogoldson

ruffinogoldson Member

Honestly you probably could smoke pipe tobacco out of the hookah but there isn't really a point. The flavor will be lacking and probably taste terrible lol plus the sheesh for hookah is specifically made to be heated up by the coals allowing a good mix and flavor, with pipe tobacco it would be a fun experiment but would most likely yearn terrible results haha

4. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Good question, I've thought about this myself. I've never tried the hookah myself, but my daughter goes to the hookah bar down in Portland once in a while and says it's good. I would think the water would mute the tobacco flavor considerably, but it might be good.

5. jason1977

jason1977 Active Member

I'm gonna take a guess, but I'm thinking if it's not to be inhaled in one medium, then it's probably not going to make a difference what u use to smoke it......that's a guess ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.