1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Hooked co worker

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Jay22, May 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jay22

Jay22 Member

I was smoking my cob yesterday and a co worker asked about it and said he's was going to have to get him one. By the afternoon he was hooked on the aroma. He said after work he was going to get one. This morning I asked if he got one and he had. He couldn't resist!

Jeff10236, MakDragon, Mington and 8 others like this.
  2. esteban

esteban Active Member

cobmania.....it can't be thwarted

Archi77 likes this.
  3. Buckshot Two

Buckshot Two Member

Chalk another one up for the good guys! :th1:

4. Jay22

Jay22 Member

Make that two of them now. The other guy I was with bought one today.

Jeff10236, Archi77 and Basil Meadows like this.
  5. SthrnMan

SthrnMan Member

Thats awesome. :bing:

6. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

..... and the beat goes on!

7. Archi77

Archi77 Member

I don't have a cob yet, but the more I hear you guys talk about them, the more interested I get...

Jeff10236, Mington and rondel65 like this.
  8. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Gotta have cobs. Great little smokers and very inexpensive. My collection grew to one more this morning. Thanks again Basil!

Mington likes this.
  9. Jay22

Jay22 Member

I will also add that these are their first pipes. Two new pipe smokers!

Archi77 and Jeff10236 like this.
  10. Atom

Atom Member

Awesome! Sounds like you have your own pipe club forming. don't forget to tell them about the forum.

11. Dubble Bubble

Dubble Bubble Member

I commend you on setting such an excellent example.:appl:

12. Moose

Moose Active Member

Good job signing up two new cobbers.

Now make sure they know how good Mixture 79 is so they buy it all and leave the rest to us :laff:
    (I'm just kidding of course)

Mington likes this.
  13. Jay

Jay Active Member

what particular tobacco peaked such interest?

14. Jay22

Jay22 Member

At that time it was Captain Black Royal. I carry that and Sir Walter Raliegh Aromatic and about six different ones from the Tinder Box.

15. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Brilliant ... damn fine job ! :th1:

16. Jay22

Jay22 Member

The Captain Black was from a PSF member. I found out that I like it a lot, so did my co workers.

rondel65 likes this.
  17. Jeff10236

Jeff10236 Member

You need to get one. For years, I was just a briar guy (I still prefer them for the look). Just over a decade ago I decided to pick up a cob and got a bent MM Great Dane Egg. I never smoked that one much, it was more a novelty for me. Then, on another forum I'm on (mostly a cigar forum), they are into "bombing" members (sending surprise packages). This was mostly done on the cigar side. I noticed a lot of guys from the cigar side and other non-pipe smokers posting on the pipe side about an interest in trying pipes. I got a bulk shipment of MM Pony and Mizzou pipes off Ebay to "bomb" some of these members and push them over the pipe slope, and I kept one Pony for me. I loved it, and when I bought a bulk order of MM Legends for more "bombs" I also kept one of those for me, and one to get my roommate started (he never smoked his Legend and it is now mine). I now have 5 cobs, I'd have 6 but my first Legend broke when I replaced the stem (I cracked the shank). I also just this morning ordered a Red Dog Bullett Proof Cob. Trust me, it is worth giving them a try. They don't ghost easily so you can smoke different tobaccos in them. They don't impart a flavor to the tobacco, you get a pure tobacco flavor. Those two traits make them terrific pipes for trying new tobaccos. They also smoke pretty cool and dry. I do have briars that smoke as nicely as my cobs, but very few that smoke better (I have over 50 pipes and I have some very nice hand made pipes). Just do it, you won't be sorry (especially since you can still get some of them for well under $5 and most of them for under $10).

Archi77 and rondel65 like this.
  18. Anthony J

Anthony J Member

What a great feeling. I got 2 guys I used to be in a band with hooked (I'm a jazz trombonist)

rondel65 likes this.
  19. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

This is what happens after 1 cobb. They start breeding. Not shown are one cobb in the garage and one in the shed. I have started it hit the briars again and the rest I gave them are rewarding me with some fine fine smokes. I have a custom Bullitt Cob from Basil comming this week. Will post pic.
    [​IMG]

Archi77 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.