house of calabash order came in

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by David Emond, Feb 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Labman

Labman Member

Yeah, I've decided that the next time I order tobacco it'll be from House of Calabash. Lord Craven's Talone sounds amazing!

2. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Grandfather's Own - on my list
    Young Master - definitely on my list. Sounds a bit like my favorite blend, Dan's Ascanian#2 - VA/Or/Per - anyone tried this young master yet?

WalkinStick likes this.
  3. Calvinandpipe

Calvinandpipe Active Member

I like Young Master but I believe Hazydat said it was his favorite HoC blend, he may be a good person to ask. I'd have to look at my tobacco reviews notes to remember what I thought about it.

PipeSimmo likes this.
  4. user3610

user3610 Member

Young Master is kind of an oddball- but very good.
    Kind of a sweet/savory combo. I keep returning to Grandfather instead.

5. David Emond

David Emond Active Member

well on TR.com one guy wrote that granfathers own smells just like a lane blend i think he wrote Q1. This to me would make allot of sense because grandfathers own smells exactly like a brigham blend for the Canadian market made by Lane.
    Ive never had Q1 but now i want to try it out.

Its possible that Mr Books imulated this blend and added a bit of his burley and a bit of brown sugar but the base is very similar to the Lane blend.

6. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

I just finished up a bunch of these. Grandfather's Own stood out to me as the best of the aros. First Smoke is a staple in my rotation and Irishman's 5 O'clock is an incredible english (latakia) blend.

Enjoy those blends! :th1:

7. David Emond

I had a bowl of first smoke last night and found it very smooth. I got allot of virginia and a bit of maybe butter schotch but thats it. Tonight ill try the meer only blend. The grandfathers own is now at work besides my classic burley kake jar.

8. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

I need to try grandfather's Own yet, but First Pipe is in my top 5. I love it. Irishman's 5 O' Clock is just about my favorite english blend right now.

Rodfather and David Emond like this.
  9. David Emond

im going to order the irishman soon, I never had any sobrani so if its similar im gona want to try it out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.