1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Houston, TX

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by RTOdhner, Feb 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

I'll be at a probation conference in Houston from 03/18/12 - 03/21/12, at the Omni. Are there any pipe shops or pipe-friendly establishments in the area?

2. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

Did you check the Smoke Shops PDF at the top of the main page? I don't know of any personally, but there should be some listed there...........

3. bluetip84

bluetip84 Member

Lestrade and RTOdhner like this.
  4. RTOdhner

Come 03/25/12, if nobody has heard from me then please send a search party and intervention team to the Briar Shoppe in-order-to save me from myself!

Lestrade, Ol Brokedik and bluetip84 like this.
  5. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

Your picture tells me you can take care of yourself. 220 lbs?

OBD.

6. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

That place looks pretty okay...

Lestrade likes this.
  7. RTOdhner

Sure... 220... 20 years ago! I've developed some calcium deposites on my stomach bones, and the scales are now pushing 290.

Elwin and Ol Brokedik like this.
  8. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

Balls!

9. jhe888

jhe888 Member

The old Crofts, which is now a second location of Serious Cigars is at 4722 Richmond in the Galleria area. They have a good selection of pipes and pipe tobacco. Also lots of cigar stuff.

10. lostopossum

lostopossum Member

The briar shoppe is awesome. I lived in Houston for about three years and they were my "go to" B&M. They have a great selection of pipes and tins, but not a whole lot of bulk. If you happen to go, eat at the little Italian restaurant next door they make there pizza dough from scratch everyday and when its gone they close. I cant for the life of me remember the name of that place but I certainly remember the pizza! That area of town is called "rice village" its filled with all kinds of great local bars, shops, and restaurants. It would be a great place to kill a few spare hours. Now you've gone and made me actually miss Houston, and thats not easy to do.

11. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

+1

12. lostopossum

lostopossum Member

Also, parking in that area is awful, but they have a private lot for that little strip center on the roof. So if you see a sign that says more parking on the roof it's not a joke.

13. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

Ya'll must have visited a different Briar Shoppe than me. I was in there last summer. Lots of cigars and non-smoking stuff. A good number of pipes, I will give them that. Not much pipe tobacco tinned or bulk. Just so-so. I did find a couple things to buy but the selection isn't all that great. Parking sucks, as mentioned. Especially if, like me, you drive a 3/4 ton crew cab pickup. I drove an hour and a half to get there and was pretty underwhelmed. I guess I had high hopes that maybe Houston would have a nice, well stocked B&M. From what I gather is use to be alot better. They had a few tins and a little bulk but not worth driving an hour and a half.

Same for Croft's/Serious Cigars. When I was in there last summer it was 95% cigars. I think I ended up picking up one of the handful of tins they had left. I think some Margate. Maybe I just caught them at a bad time. Just don't remember them having much tobacco.

If you do some searches you'll dig up another shop up on I-10. It was dissapointing too. Alot of renamed bulk aros at premium + prices and empty jars of decent bulk blends. It is in a strip center. Can't remember the name.

It is a damn shame that a city the size of Houston doesn't have a place with a decent selection of pipe tobacco.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.