1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

How do Hardcastle pipes smoke?

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by ChrisAtRGI, Feb 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisAtRGI

ChrisAtRGI Member

I am mildly interested in a Hardcastle billiard. I know they are made in the same factory as Dunhill but that only goes so far. How do they smoke? Light weight?

2. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

I had a few Hardcastle pipes before I was seduced by the White Goddess....they are fine smoking pipes. I believe they are Dunhill seconds.........

3. furious

furious Junque collector

The older Hardcastles are excellent smokers generally and great bargains on that auction site. I have a few and they both smoke great.

4. Eddie

Eddie Member

I believe Ben Wades come from that factory too. I was looking at Hardcastles and BW's last weekend, the wades looked much nicer.

5. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Hardcastle's are on par with Stanwell and Peterson, IMHO.

IrishRover and Hawkwood like this.
  6. Hawkwood

Hawkwood Member

I think Lestrade has nailed it as far as an overall rating and smokeability. As a 3rd generation Hardcastle smoker they'll always have a place in my rack. They sometimes have fills [that's why they are not Dunhills] but often they don't. They are a solid well made pipe. I own vintage and modern and the quality has remained. Earlier offerings are smaller in the traditional English way while modern production is on the large side like a Ben Wade.

7. fallsguy

fallsguy Member

Dunhill merged Hardcastle with Parker in 1967. Parker currently makes the Hardcastles, so they are lower grade Dunhill pipes, and should be great smokers.

8. ChrisAtRGI

ChrisAtRGI Member

Thanks for the info, and I was looking at new for this one. I'm looking for a black sandblast straight saddle bit. Dunhill and Davidoff both have nice fits but are out of my price range. The only others I have seen are Savinelli and Hardcastle. Probably will go with the Hardcastle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.